Maxxum 101 just stopped

Was on the water today and my 101 just stopped, ran back to ramp hit the button one more time to check and turned about 4 revs and nothing,
    when i hit the button i hear a click or put on constant I hear a click. I ideas?

2. Member
    sounds like a locked up motor. Remove your prop & check the seal for fishing line. I’ve had to replace a couple of motors due to line cutting into the seals allowing water inside. If you need any parts, contact these guys at Northlandmarine.com. They have everything for any Minnkota trolling motor.

3. Member
    You probably have water intrusion.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan triton View Post
    sounds like a locked up motor. Remove your prop & check the seal for fishing line. I’ve had to replace a couple of motors due to line cutting into the seals allowing water inside. If you need any parts, contact these guys at Northlandmarine.com. They have everything for any Minnkota trolling motor.
    I don't think the motor is locked up - I think it has water intrusion and depending on how long it's had water in it will depend on what will be needed to fix. You don't replace motors that have cut seals. you disassemble the motor, dry it out and reseal it. We have the parts he will need to fix it -- I haven't seen Northlandmarine on here offering advice.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Member
    Well got lucky, took the head cover off and it was a loose wire......sure needed an excuse for an ultrex
    Thanks for the help.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    I don't think the motor is locked up - I think it has water intrusion and depending on how long it's had water in it will depend on what will be needed to fix. You don't replace motors that have cut seals. you disassemble the motor, dry it out and reseal it. We have the parts he will need to fix it -- I haven't seen Northlandmarine on here offering advice.
    John
    You tell’em Mr John.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    John
    Sorry MR JOHN for plugging a company that helped me with my maxxum trolling motor that was locked up due to a cut seal that allowed water to intrude, which yes locked my motor. No Norther marine isn’t on here offering advice, that came from me to a fellow BBC member that asked for input. Brian I’m happy to hear you fixed your issue without having to spend a lot of money. Never hurts to ask. There’s a lot of good people here.

8. Member
    Sorry MR JOHN for plugging a company that helped me with my maxxum trolling motor that was locked up due to a cut seal that allowed water to intrude, which yes locked my motor. No Norther marine isn’t on here offering advice, that came from me to a fellow BBC member that asked for input. Brian I’m happy to hear you fixed your issue without having to spend a lot of money. Never hurts to ask. There’s a lot of good people here.
    Just a suggestion.... If you want to promote a non-board sponsor - do it in a private message. Sponsors on this board pay for the privilege of promoting their products/services.

9. Member
    Sorry MR JOHN for plugging a company that helped me with my maxxum trolling motor that was locked up due to a cut seal that allowed water to intrude, which yes locked my motor. No Norther marine isn’t on here offering advice,
    Not saying it wasn't, but I've been doing this over 15yrs and I've never seen a Maxxum that wasn't repairable due to water. Even full of rust, the armature can be put on a lathe and cleaned, the center section can be cleaned with a small wire brush and the endcap replaced.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]