Fuel leaking out intake manifold on Fast Strike 150. O-rings or something else?

Just fired up my '93 150 Fast Strike for the first time of the season and fuel sprays out lower starboard side carb at the intake manifold on the lower and middle carb. Where the rail connects into the carb. It actually runs fine, but I pulled the cowl after a few minutes and saw the mayhem.

When engine is off, and fuel bulb pumped, it holds pressure. If I lightly wiggle or press the fuel rail it starts leaking pretty steadily.

I removed the fuel rail and the 2 O-rings look good on all of them.

Do I just need some fresh O-rings for a tighter seal, or is there possibly something else going on?

Carbs were rebuilt a few ago during a complete engine rebuild. I can't remember if those intake manifold O-rings were replaced or not. They are black not brown. I thought I replaced just about everything I could, but it's possibly I missed those.

The Port side is fine.

Thanks.
    '93 Ranger Comanche 482v w/ 150 Johnson Fast Strike, Minn Kota Maxxum 70lbs

2. Member
    Replace those o rings, the ethanol resistance new ones are brown. I would replace both sides, I drop the belly pan to work on the bottom fuel rail. if you bend it to remove it, it can and will break. Sometimes the black o rings will swell up, after some fuel gets on them, and you can get them to seal by wiggling the fuel rail. They need replaced.

3. Member
    Thanks. Just ordered 12 new rings and some new Balance Tube retainers, because I just look at those and they break. Hopefully that's all it is and major disaster avoided. Now I just hope they get here in time for the weekend.
    Belly pan drop was pretty much required to get to that lower retaining screw. Easy enough though.

4. Member
    Your welcome, this should fix you up.

5. Member
    New O-rings installed. Problem solved. I love the easy solutions!
    The new ones are definitely more snug. Tube would easily pop in and out before. Not anymore.