What type of glue?

Noticed this rubber piece blowing in the wind on the way home from the lake. Anybody know what type of glue I should use to fix it?
    Last edited by Tone357; 06-24-2019 at 01:59 AM.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Contact cement.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3M weather strip adhesive. It comes in a black box and tube with green lettering.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    Ranger sent me Locktite 380 adhesive for my rubber mat.

5. Member
    I tried 3m weatherstrip adhesive and it didn't work.

6. Member
    380 is what the shop used on my new boat. Other one flew out when the boat was about 3 months old.

7. Member
    Contact cement and put some weight on it while it's setting up.
    2007 Ranger188vs, Mercury optimax 150

8. Member
    might consider grip tape sheet for replacement if you don't want to slip when stepping down on it that's my first choice when the time comes the rubber mat makes for a great stencil

9. Member
    Same as Locktite 380, but alot cheaper:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have used it on all my rubber cementing jobs, trailer step pads, bow step, passenger foot rest etc...
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

10. Member
    380 is what ranger uses.

Quote Originally Posted by B Trous View Post
    I tried 3m weatherstrip adhesive and it didn't work.
    Weird! I used it to glue down the rubber pads on my trailer steps and it worked great and held for years.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

I have used the IC-2000 before and it works as well as the locktite and is a lot cheaper. The locktite is very expensive. I have also used the contact cement and it works too.

I have also used 3M #90 spray adhesive successfully; you have to apply it twice to get good coverage before mating the two pieces and mask off anything you don't want the glue overspray on because it is very hard to get off.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

13. Member
    They must all be blowing off now, mine must be laying on the side of I-94 somewhere. I just came one line to ask the same question. Ranger parts lady told me they use super glue, which I guess Loctite 380 is a super glue. She said to use acetone to remove old adhesive from fiberglass but do not get acetone on seats as it will cause damage.

Given that Ranger is using Loctite 380 and the pads are blowing off, I wonder if there is any better adhesive to use? Sounds like contact cement is a popular alternative.

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Welwood contact cement.

15. Member
    Mine did thus as well, I've used this with great results in the past and so far so good, 3M Emblem and Trim Adhesive, I believe I found out at Lowe's or Home Depot, or you can get it at an Auto Parts store, I wouldn't recommend the spray adhesive as it's a mess and won't hold long term.

3M 42.jpg
    Last edited by n_texas_basser; 06-26-2019 at 05:15 PM.
    .204 Ballistic 300R - Speed, Ride, Fishability!

16. Member
    Ic 2000 is what works I know this bc I used it several times when I redid all my pads. I bet contact cement would work too. I would definitly clean of as much dirt and debris as you can though,

17. Member
    One more question ... I tried using acetone to remove the old adhesive from the coinbox cover. It laughed at me. Went to my go to adhesive remover, Goo off. It laughed at me again. That old adhesive is not budging. Did anyone find a good way to remove the old adhesive, or are you applying the new adhesive over the old? Thanks

18. Member
    IC 200 is all you needs. Works pery on the rubber mats