Pad Thai.... (ish)

Have been experimenting with ramen noodles. No... not using that sodium filled seasoning pack but just using the noodles. Ran across something online that I tried and eventually modified which is darn good for a quick and easy meal. Hey im single this is how I roll sometimes.

Boil noodles... duhhhhh

Easy way:
    1 heaping teaspoon of peanut butter
    Garlic to taste.. I like a lot so close to a teaspoon
    Sriracha to taste.. I like spicy so I go around a teaspoon
    Soy Sauce.. Around a teaspoon

Heat everything we just added together and mix until its a sauce. Mix into the noodles and there you go. Easy sorta noodle peanut sauce dish.

Hard way:
    1 heaping teaspoon of peanut butter
    Pickled garlic to taste.. I like a lot so close to a teaspoon. I get this from an Indian market
    Sriracha chili garlic sauce.. I like spicy so I go around a teaspoon
    Soy Sauce.. Around a teaspoon
    Ginger.. I go around half a teaspoon
    Sesame oil. Not much at all as it has a very strong flavor. A few drops can go a long way.

Heat everything we just added together and mix until its a sauce. Mix into the noodles then add the following last as heating will make the sprouts soft.

Add bean sprouts, sliced water chestnuts, and green onion to everything.

Sounds crazy but its darn good.

2. Member
    Sounds really good. Thanks for sharing
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

3. Member
    sounds good i fix them with alot of times with imitation crab meat

Trader Joes has a pretty good frozen bag of Kung Pao Chicken but it doesn't include a starch. Being a lo mein fan I boil some spaghetti or angel hair and mix it together. May toss on some additional veggies, peanuts or cashews, leftover chicken, Oyster sauce or whatever asian sauce I've got handy. Very good quick meal. The ramen and peanut butter would be a good twist.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins View Post
    The ramen and peanut butter would be a good twist.
    It really is worth a shot. I learned about it watching a video of someone making meals which a college person could easily make. The thought was most college kids have ramen, peanut butter, soy sauce packs from a Chinese restaurant, and red pepper packs from delivered pizza. Cheap / easy and doesnt use the funky seasoning pack.