Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Wagner dual heat, heat gun about $21 at Home Depot - You can usually find them them in the painting section they're used for removing wall paper. Had mine for 5 years now.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    Let me know how the powder bed works out. I tried to make one but it was a fail.
    TJ'S Tackle sells really good ones at a good price.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    These are exactly what I use.
    Same, they're awesome

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol-Blue View Post
    Thanks for all of the input. I picked up a toaster oven to cure, which I was completely overlooking, and a HF variable temp heat gun.
    I’m also going to attempt a fluid bed, to at least try it out. Hopefully these changes make for a more consistent product.
    Do your self an enormous favor, if you don't want to buy one TJ's will sell you the fluidizing membrane to make your own cups. Forget about all the home brew nonsense about paper bags and all that mess. NONE of it will work properly like the membrane will.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol-Blue View Post
    I just started pouring a few months ago, and a propane torch is not cutting it. Will a cheap heat gun from Harbor Freight be the answer, or jump up a step to a multi temp gun? I’ve got to build a fluid bed for my paint and want to tackle my heat source problem as well. Recommendations?
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    I use a heat gun from Harbor Freight. No problems, I build a rack on the front of the gun so I can hang and heat several jigs at a time.
    Question everything!

6. Member
    I use a propane torch to heat my jig heads. I have a 5 pot paint system that I built myself to fluff up the paint. I bake them in a Ronco rotissorie oven that I purchased at a yard sale. Using the paint system will save you on paint.

7. Member
    I can't keep the TJ's fluid bed from volvano'ing except for black paint. White, brown, Green, Red, tried all the colors and they all volcano terribly. I don't think I'm doing anything incorrectly. I even tried some aereator stones to disperse the air a little more equally in the cup holder. Cup holder is sealed with silicone so I know there is no leakage.
    Joey Aderhold

8. Member
    When you get tired of that noisy heat gun, which works well IMO, get a alcohol lamp (about 9$ at wal mart with a big jar of refill) I was told this by a guy years ago and haven't used the gun much ever since. The candle is great and quiet, that gun got on my nerves with that noise after a long run.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12