Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    $1500 more.

2. Member
    I have never liked the front of Trackers to fish from. They sit way way to high in the front. It's like fishing uphill all day. Also they are hard to putt putt and steer at slow speeds. When I saw about the RT with pad hull I was wishing I had waited, but after seeing the picture of it....... I am glad that I have the Mod V hull. It will be more stable when fishing too. The front end of the pad hull sits too much like a Tracker 195. It might ride better but I bought it to fish from. I actually ride maybe 5 percent of the time or even less. Even being a Ranger, I would think hard before buying it over the standard 188, especially being a new hull. The RT188 is a proven design for several years now.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusty Rusty View Post
    I agree . Coming out of a 17 ft Xpress , I liked the pad hull ride but that booger was hell maneuvering around docks and ramps trying to keep the bow pointed in the right direction while backing up . The RT188 is like night and day different with it being level at rest . Not to mention the fishing stability
    The fishing stability and deck space with the RT188 is right up there with any 20-21 glass boat. This is the main reason that I went with the 188
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

Considering that it is sitting high in the bow, makes me wonder if this is the Tracker revolution hull. The 19 ft Tracker hull is made from a single sheet of aluminum so there is no welded center keel. To the Op, did you notice a center keel?

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

The upgrades and changes have WRM written all over them. From the carpet at the bulk head, the square box thing on the bow to flush mount and the high bow ride, it just appears to be not well thought out or an after thought and cheaply done. Like someone pointed out already, if this was their answer to Vexus, it was a major swing and a miss. I came out of a 188 and the quality and craftsmanship has changed and not in a good way. Very easily could be the revolution hull since they weren't able to figure out the pad hull on the 188 until now.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    Considering that it is sitting high in the bow, makes me wonder if this is the Tracker revolution hull. The 19 ft Tracker hull is made from a single sheet of aluminum so there is no welded center keel. To the Op, did you notice a center keel?
    Just from looking at the comments and pics on facebook it looks very similar to the 198p hull just a little shorter. It also looks like the gas tank is under the seats.

7. Member
    Crap, I was hoping the tank wasn't under the seats. Thats even more storage gone.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    They are anatomically correct foot boards. And yes they were obviously an add on.

Not an advantage here for me but that is just my style. I am sure many will love this design. But for my use, I much prefer the shallower draft and level at rest nature of the Mod-V model. I am not in a race and never in a hurry so I do not mind slowing down a bit in rougher water. Really don't want to beat me or the boat so not looking to go any faster in rough water. Seldom open the engine up full anyway. Also not a fan of flush mount electronics console or bow.
    The way the electronics is mounted at the bow is a clear miss to me. How often are you looking directly forward while fishing? I'd say never. Much better to have it at an angle off to the side. Otherwise a nice addition to the line up but I think I will stick with the shallow flat draft.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

9. Member
    The fishing stability and deck space with the RT188 is right up there with any 20-21 glass boat. This is the main reason that I went with the 188
    Fished with a buddy that had a Z-8. We met later in the day and I pulled up alongside in my RT188. I was astonished that my front deck and back deck were larger.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTide View Post
    Fished with a buddy that had a Z-8. We met later in the day and I pulled up alongside in my RT188. I was astonished that my front deck and back deck were larger.
    For me, given that I fish solo 95% of the time, the 188 is a cruise ship top deck to me. Most people are caught off guard by the amount of deck space when you get to comparing. I am still up in the air about adding the passenger console
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

When I retired and downsized to Tin, front deck size was a concern. Before committing to purchase, so I measured the width of the deck at the front seat post. The RT188 was 2 inches wider than my 1998 BassCat Pantera Classic.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil Holmes View Post
    That is my first thoughts. Vexus has taken away Rangers market share and this is their answer. I wouldn’t be surprised if the 198p goes up in price and has the option for a 200hp. Could be way off too
    Has Vexus really taken away from Rangers market share though? I still have never seen one on the water and they have very few dealers in comparison. Hardly any of the Vexus tins have been sold compared to the RT series to this point. That could happen in several years but certainly has not yet.
    2015 Ranger rt188/115 Etec

Bill, I have not seen any other pictures of the keel than what I have provided. It is very possible that Ranger and Tracker is now sharing hulls being they are the same company.
    Garmin Stiker 7sv and 7cv
    2017 Crestliner VT17 - Mercury 60 4S

Ranger has not lost their market share but with the product that Vexus is producing one would think it would take away from Ranger. That is why I think we are seeing this hull just to see the people’s thoughts. I agree with the rest of y’all in that this boat is not the quality or thought out as it started.

15. Member
    They have the RT 188p on the Ranger website now. Looks nice!
    Last edited by spotman; 07-01-2019 at 08:27 PM.

I saw that as well. It is listed at $27 starting so after it is setup someone will be in the 30k area.

https://www.rangerboats.com/aluminum...nt/rt188p.html

17. Member
    I like a lot of the changes. Pop up cleats! At last

18. Member
    There’s a couple boat dealers near my house. One of them has been a Triton dealer for years and has carried the Triton tin line as well as the glass boats. They became a Vexus dealer last year and and he told me recently that Vexus is outselling the aluminum Tritons about 7 to 1 at his shop.
    As most know the Triton and Ranger tin boats are the same boat with different seats and console and a few other minor differences.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelly View Post
    I like a lot of the changes. Pop up cleats! At last
    I agree. I like many of the new things as well. Makes me wonder if I should have waited a couple of months.

I like a lot of the changes also.

And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
    Matthew 4:19

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast