Thread: Shifter handle

Shifter handle

I wasn’t sure where to post this 97 stratos 201pro with a 97 Johnson venom ,used the boat for a tourney couple of weeks again no issues ,went to the lake to pre fish past Friday slid her off the trailer into reverse no problem I have a hot foot so lever goes all the way down to three o’clock when I went to go forward the motor shifts to forward but instead of my shift handle going all the way to nine o’clock it stops like it hitting something at ten o’clock,it is engaging the shift dog because it won’t drop out of forward unless I am straight up and down at twelve o’clock it has always layed flat in forward .im going to unhook the linkage at the motor just to see if it has the stroke I think it does and that it’s the shift mechanism that has the problem I ran the tourney with the lever at ten and had no issues just wondering if anybody has experienced this before.I started taking the shift lever apart but thought I’d check here first thanks in advance pat.

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    I always clicked mine in gear and leave it there.....I don't push it all the way forward or back....

3. Member
    I was more curious as to what changed in the shifter box slash handle ie if a pin was known to walk out or a piece of plastic breaks off inside ,like I said she doesn’t grind and definitely goes into gear more for piece of mind than anything thanks for the reply