Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Livesight videos and screenshots

Now that some of you have received your Livesight transducers how about posting some new videos and screenshots from some actual users. Thanks!

2. Member

3. Member
    So after watching the video...Thanks BTW John!!

Has anyone tested the Livesight with a P-1 yet, and if so...any difference????

4. Member
    Thanks but I was really hoping some of the guys on here whom seem to like what they seen so far of Livesight would post some of their actual images from their local bodies of water. Really hope it looks better than what I've seen so far.

5. Member
    Over 400 views and no actual user reviews, videos, or screenshots from Livesight. What's up???

6. Member
    I know it's not a "non-paid" user review, but here is a new video I found.

Take LiveSight away and he would have caught the same fish. There were a few blobs that showed up but nothing detailed. I think if the transducer was $600 it might be worth it. But not for a grand and certainly not for Carbon users that require an extra box.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j791 View Post
    Take LiveSight away and he would have caught the same fish. There were a few blobs that showed up but nothing detailed. I think if the transducer was $600 it might be worth it. But not for a grand and certainly not for Carbon users that require an extra box.
    Yup! And if you heard it... After he caught that drop-shot fish.... He was talking about it and he said "I couldn't see my bait but..." Is kind of neat watching those fish appear to be coming out of the bottom to look then return to the bottom where you can't detect'em again.

Describes it really good and matches my experience also. Definitely room for lots of improvements. It does provide another dimension of knowledge and anything that helps us good.
    It is also not what Lowrance portrayed it to be.
    Dont think you'll see anything from anyone much different than that.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Describes it really good and matches my experience also. Definitely room for lots of improvements. It does provide another dimension of knowledge and anything that helps us good.
    It is also not what Lowrance portrayed it to be.
    Dont think you'll see anything from anyone much different than that.
    Many will appreciate your honest opinion.

If we stop and think about this,what else must a true fisherman need...we have GPS that marks our cover, side/down imaging as well as very effective 2d sonar transducers available. With all the gadgets we have to aide us in fishing what is going to happen to good ole experience. I can remember how we marked a place by lineing up 2 nonmovable markers on the shore (before GPS) from 90 degree angles. It work ok then. We knew the behavioral patterns of fish, spring through winter. If most of you are like us you only fish certain lakes and pretty much know them like the back of your hand anyway.

Just find it hard to pay that kind of money for something, at its best, will make your catch somewhat faster fish and/or watching an arcade game. Many people already have a "box" on their transom...really don't want one on the bow.

Point of emphasis....have seen videos that show a fish coming up and looking at bait....so what do you do? Change colors or move to some other type of bait or vary your presentation. A good fisherman is going to do that without the aide of a "picture". For me...just another gimmick to entice people to spend money. For those who chose to do this, more power to you and ENJOY!
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

I have seen fish reacting that I had no idea was happening. Yes, it is definitely something that could be very beneficial.
    As I was using this today I have learned how much fish reveal does. I have the 3n1 on my TM and it is absolutely perfect. When used with the livesight it really paints a very nice picture of what's going on. These should be used together.
    Yes, I want more and better now.

Here is more and better now:

Here is more and better now:

Which one is more and which one is better?
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Haha...in all serious Lowrance has better side-imaging. So I use it for maps/waypoints and to find cover. LiveScope great for seeing cover and fish in real time, but it also really helps with boat positioning. I know exactly where my boat is relative to the cover and can drop a bait on a specific tree limb if I want...and I do not have to be directly over the cover. Amazing technology, almost impossible not to catch fish.

After finding brush with Console unit & placing a WP, you shouldn't need anything up front except the Livescope & Lowrance Point 1 which Garmin accesses....Done....

Why do you need to see mapping & 2D?

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnieG View Post
    After finding brush with Console unit & placing a WP, you shouldn't need anything up front except the Livescope & Lowrance Point 1 which Garmin accesses....Done....

Why do you need to see mapping & 2D?
    Not sure the "why" on 2D but on the map.... Sometimes I have two icons... one for the structure/cover and one that simply says "Boat here" so I can be somewhat certain I'm setting in the same spot the last time I caught fish on that cover/structure. I still triangulate once I'm on a spot to make sure I'm casting at the same angle from the same location to pull the bait through the "spot" the same way.

I mark waypoints with the console HDS Live unit and then use the bow Carbon HDS to locate the waypoint with the trolling motor. Once I get close to the waypoint, LiveScope does the rest. I also have an AI 3-in-1 transducer on the trolling motor which allows side-scan with the HDS on the bow. I use the bow sidescan when trolling from one waypoint to another...often I find additional cover this way.

I mark waypoints with the console HDS Live unit and then use the bow Carbon HDS to locate the waypoint with the trolling motor. Once I get close to the waypoint, LiveScope does the rest. I also have an AI 3-in-1 transducer on the trolling motor which allows side-scan with the HDS on the bow. I use the bow sidescan when trolling from one waypoint to another...often I find additional cover this way.
    I am a Lowrance die hard & die hard daily with Lowrance..The only reason I am placing a Livescope at the bow is I don't have time to wait for Lowrance to improve..Getting old..

If you mark with the console unit, why do you have to find it with your Carbon if the Livescope will look outwards to 100' ? I also Had a Carbon with 3-IN-1 at the bow but removed it..

I feel you are just burning up battery with another set that is used to find a marked WP......

I am installing the Livescope today and hope to get out Friday......

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

J791
    In my short experience with Livesight I have determined that it is more useful when used with downscan/fishreveal right next to it. Since livesight is not a clear as livescope, this helps interpret the image and understand the cover. Once I know what it is, Livesight shows me where it is and where the fish are. Might not be perfect but it at least gets me on the field.
    Anyway, my suggestion is to use downscan/fishreveal and dump the 2d, especially with your setup.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    J791
    In my short experience with Livesight I have determined that it is more useful when used with downscan/fishreveal right next to it. Since livesight is not a clear as livescope, this helps interpret the image and understand the cover. Once I know what it is, Livesight shows me where it is and where the fish are. Might not be perfect but it at least gets me on the field.
    Anyway, my suggestion is to use downscan/fishreveal and dump the 2d, especially with your setup.
    I’ll give it a try. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast