ez loader problem

Gents

2010 FX20 when i pull away from stop sign trailer makes slamming sound (tongue). I know its the brake thing that slides when applying brakes to activate trailer brakes. It should be all the way back and when I stop its all over in that slot. Best way to fix?

2. Member
    Add brake fluid, or needing new pads

Stop doing Jack Rabbit starts with trailer attached.
    ******2008 ZX200/200 Yamaha Series 2******
    *God is great, beer is good ---- people are crazy*

4. Member
    I think tongue is jacked up that solenoid in there

5. Member
    Mine did that on my 08 ZX200. I replaced the entire actuator and bled the lines and it's been great ever since. I think I paid about $180 for the actuator, and it took about 10 minutes to swap them out and a little more time to bleed the lines.

Mrdeath hit it on the head.

The actuator contains a shock that dampens its movement. Hence the clunk! No fluid in the master cylinder will also make a clunk.
    New actuator is the way to go. I replaced mine 5 years ago in my 2010 ZX200. Previous owner took off without the pin in the swing away and destroyed the flex line and continued to drive it without making the repair. Destroyed the master cylinder and shock.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

7. Member
    Im working on the swing away on my trailer to find out EZ loader cant get that bolt with the grees fitting on the end my plastic shim is worned out I got that from skeeter
    talk to rex at EZ loader he told me its a grade 8 bolt 5/8 x 6. I can lift the front of my trailer when not hook up 3/4 of and inn to much play. I got the bolt from tractor supply
    they don't make that trailer anymore maybe this might to helpful to you

TomL

What year is your trailer? I saw your other post in the trailer forum.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by Tom L View Post
    Im working on the swing away on my trailer to find out EZ loader cant get that bolt with the grees fitting on the end my plastic shim is worned out I got that from skeeter
    talk to rex at EZ loader he told me its a grade 8 bolt 5/8 x 6. I can lift the front of my trailer when not hook up 3/4 of and inn to much play. I got the bolt from tractor supply
    they don't make that trailer anymore maybe this might to helpful to you
    My swing away was so bad that I just cut it out. Removed the front brake assembly and rewelded it back on the trailer stub. Shorten the trailer about 16+". No problems at all. Glad I did it.
    ******2008 ZX200/200 Yamaha Series 2******
    *God is great, beer is good ---- people are crazy*

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by go-fish View Post
    My swing away was so bad that I just cut it out. Removed the front brake assembly and rewelded it back on the trailer stub. Shorten the trailer about 16+". No problems at all. Glad I did it.
    2008 what year is yours . after taking the bolt out it wasn't that bad the sleeve has got some wear in it looked on eBay order one od 3/4 id 5/8 6'' long ill cut it down to 4 1/2 plus the spacer I order from skeeter this should help . In the winter I put my boat put under my deck and its is 20ft and the boat stick out so I like being able to swing the Tung don't want to hit it when I plow my driveway

11. Member
    Here's another consideration. There is a shock that is in the tongue. Once that wears, you get the slamming sound. Might want to check that as well.
    Last edited by JoeFriday; 07-03-2019 at 12:23 AM.

12. Member
    I put my trailer back together got the plastic cup or spacer from EZ Loader new bolt big improvement the sleeve I order from eBay wont come for 4/5 days my trailer is quite or I'm deaf HA HA

13. Member
    Tom L I've got same issue with a 2018 FX-20 trailer. Talked to dealer, he called Skeeter they said it's a known problem and are working with UFP for a fix. A friend has a 2013 ZX-20 and his swing away looks to be the same as mine but does not have this issue. Haven't taken mine apart yet, I can get bolt locally do you have part #'s for sleeve and spacer. Thanks

14. Member
    My 2015 ZX 250 does the same thing. Scares the hell out of me everytime it happens.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huntnfish View Post
    Tom L I've got same issue with a 2018 FX-20 trailer. Talked to dealer, he called Skeeter they said it's a known problem and are working with UFP for a fix. A friend has a 2013 ZX-20 and his swing away looks to be the same as mine but does not have this issue. Haven't taken mine apart yet, I can get bolt locally do you have part #'s for sleeve and spacer. Thanks
    I've got the grade 8 bolt grilled and taped with grease fitting also the sleeve for my trailer is 7/8 OD 5/8 ID this is 6'' long has to be cut for my trailer to 4 1/2'' the washers can be bought at any hardware store if these work for you let me know I will cut the sleeve down to what your trailer is you can call me at 1 (978)- 726-6705 if you call me I can text you pic this realty worked great for me thanks tom

16. Member
    UPDATE: pinched brake line in swing tongue. My dealer who is excellent fixed it, filled brake fluid back up and perfect now. Tail lights still flicker on trailer though when hooked to my truck. Different issue altogether.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loomis88 View Post
    UPDATE: pinched brake line in swing tongue. My dealer who is excellent fixed it, filled brake fluid back up and perfect now. Tail lights still flicker on trailer though when hooked to my truck. Different issue altogether.
    Make sure trailer ground wire is free of any oil and is on tight.

18. Member
    EZ Loader told me that the vendor of the swing tongue said to remedy the problem of the slop is to pull the pin and install a grade 8 bolt and nylon lock nut in its place. Of course this is if your issue is the sing tongue having too much play. EZ Loader also said that the vendor told them this will bend the metal back into place after a while. One last thing, vendor also said that anything less then 1" of play is ok. That is ridiculous in my opinion!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    EZ Loader told me that the vendor of the swing tongue said to remedy the problem of the slop is to pull the pin and install a grade 8 bolt and nylon lock nut in its place. Of course this is if your issue is the sing tongue having too much play. EZ Loader also said that the vendor told them this will bend the metal back into place after a while. One last thing, vendor also said that anything less then 1" of play is ok. That is ridiculous in my opinion!
    some trailers have a sleeve in the swing away mine has I replaced it. also replaced the grade 8 blot I also drilled the bolt and put a grease fitting on it