Livescope problem

Garmin Livescope on a 93sv echomap plus mounted on a Xi5 with Cornfield Crappie Mount. Anyone else have problems with the unit being unreadable at times and having to turn the gain to auto. Screen gets real black and can't see anything really. Im thinking possibly has some interferance with rocks as it happens in around 5-15 fow near rock bottom or bluffs but I could be completely wrong in that assumption.

2. Member
    I had a problem with a unit like that once. Can’t remember whether Garmin or humminbird. It was power related believe it or not. Had an unregulated charging system and when battery got full and voltage climbed up in the 15v range...screen would darken. Went with a 20 century regulated charger and problem disappeared.

i have had my unit act up after making changes over the course of 5-10 trips, even the changes are the same as factory it has improved for me to then "reset to factory settings" and pow better performance. side note i believe my box gets hot after a long day and starts to loose quality because my voltage is unchanged... more information that you are sure of will help
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089