ranger 620fs vs lund 2075 xs

Beginning to do my research on these two boats. Wanted to see if anyone has gone from one to the other (FS series to any of the new Lund bass boats or vice versa).
    I generally bass fish and would like to be able to do trips to big water lakes in my area (MN -Mille Lacs, Sturgeon bay, Lake of the Woods, etc). I also have a family so leisure boating/recreation is one thing that I have to consider. Any insight is much appreciated.
    Last edited by meisterluv; 06-23-2019 at 01:25 PM.

2. Member
    I have the pro v bass XS version. It has lower freeboard and much less windshield protection than the Pro V. I haven’t been in a regular pro v but I think the pro v bass can handle itself quite well in rough water. For combined family use however, I would think the FS would be drier and more comfortable. The regular pro v may be equivalent. But the pro v bass is a more pure bass fishing set up, and gives up some to the other two in dry ride.

If if I was 90 percent bass fishing and 10 percent kids, I’d get the pro v bass. If it was more 50/50, I’d go with one of the other two.

Sounds like you want a 2080 to me.
    I drove a Lund Pro V aluminum this year for a couple days and although they are very well made, they cant compete with glass.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Sounds like you want a 2080 to me.
    I drove a Lund Pro V aluminum this year for a couple days and although they are very well made, they cant compete with glass.
    Id put the ride of my 2175 pro v up against any glass boat.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Id put the ride of my 2175 pro v up against any glass boat.
    What was your previous boat?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meisterluv View Post
    Beginning to do my research on these two boats. Wanted to see if anyone has gone from one to the other (FS series to any of the new Lund bass boats or vice versa).
    I generally bass fish and would like to be able to do trips to big water lakes in my area (MN -Mille Lacs, Sturgeon bay, Lake of the Woods, etc). I also have a family so leisure boating/recreation is one thing that I have to consider. Any insight is much appreciated.
    If you want to fish those lakes, choose the 620. If you want it more like a bass boat you can special order it through ranger with a single console. That is what my father did anyways and he loves it. Had it on leech for opener and handled the rough stuff great!

7. Member
    I would look at the 2080 if you want to do family fun stuff. The jump seats in the back would be helpful and when you are fishing you can pull the back pedestal seats out and that gives you a ton of room to fish.
    2015 Ranger 1880 VS Angler
    2015 MERCURY 150HP
    (Model #:1150F23HD Serial #:2B135781)

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by meisterluv View Post
    What was your previous boat?
    A 20' 8" fiberglass lund. Tyee 208gl 2016 model was my previous boat. The aluminum rides so much better its not even close. People that ride with me are amazed.

9. Banned
    Umm had a 621 been in big Lund’s.....very hard to beat the Ranger....go out in both when rough then decide but glass fishes better tends to be drier and generally rides softer.....

10. Banned
    Lund is plenty of boat for the lakes mentioned. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdawg View Post
    Umm had a 621 been in big Lund’s.....very hard to beat the Ranger....go out in both when rough then decide but glass fishes better tends to be drier and generally rides softer.....
    Totally agree with this, I’ve been in lots of Lunds, great boats but can’t compare especially in ride to a 621 Ranger. Just my experience.