Lost auto pilot computer on Lowrance elite9ti and motorguide xi5

I recently lost my auto pilot after one years use. I did a soft and hard reset with no results. Any help will be appreciated.

2. Member
    I don't know if this will heal it. But it heals somethings when the Xi5 quits communicating. Turn off the Elite9Ti. Deploy the Xi5, unplug/disconnect, leave it that way a couple of minutes. Reconnect power source. Wait until the lights on the trolling motor stabilize. Power and GPS should be lit. Turn the Elite9Ti back on. You may have to re-sync your foot pedal after this little exercise. Ain't hard to do. You will need to disconnect power to the trolling motor again. Wait. Then connect power. Then, within 10 seconds: Hold down both anchor and power/prop button at the same time until you hear it beep or 'til you get tired of holdin'em down. GPS must function for autopilot to engage.

3. Member
    Thanks but no luck.

Did you look under advance then (don’t remember the name) but Tm autopilot must be enable

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wallyandre View Post
    Did you look under advance then (don’t remember the name) but Tm autopilot must be enable
    Yes.... that's it... or could be. After a hard reset that feature is disabled(even if you save/restore settings) It's in advanced interface - I think.

Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    Yes.... that's it... or could be. After a hard reset that feature is disabled(even if you save/restore settings) It's in advanced interface - I think.
    It disable after a hard reset and even after an update

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wallyandre View Post
    It disable after a hard reset and even after an update
    Yes and "save" and "restore" Settings does not re-enable it...

8. Member
    I had a similar problem a while back. Wound up pulling all the NMEA cable's out and, while it took me a good while to figure out, it turned out that the NMEA terminator between my bow unit and the Xi5 stopped working for some reason. After putting a new one on, everything went back to working as it was suppose to.
    USAF Retired 1981-2004
    Police Detective Retired 2004-2022