Thread: Apple

Apple

Really struggling with a decision to sell part of my kids position in this. I bought them shares years ago before the split and have been reinvesting the dividends ever since. They now have about 150 or so shares but the position is about 20 percent of their account. I was thinking about selling 50 shares just to bring the account more into balance but their yield to cost is around 4 percent so I hate to give up the income. Plus with 5g coming I think phones will start being upgraded in the next few years. My concern though is their account is more volatile with this large position and it can move in either direction based on swings in Apple. What would you do? I will wait to sell in the low 200s if I pull the trigger.

2. Member
    If the meeting goes well this week, I think it will spike and it would be a good time to sell some. I've been debating on selling my apple positions as well. If things don't go well at the meeting, well....

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Deposit more money into the account and buy something else so it's less than 20%.

I understand the thought process of selling a little to reduce the percent of the account, and it does make sense and is probably a good idea. BUT AAPL giving you 4%, is something that few people have. Unless you plan on using the proceeds to purchase something that you think will really outperform, I would hold it.
    Thanos was the hero