Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    The big advantage with owning a Merc, anywhere in USA there is dealer/repair shop nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Tigershark pwc's were suzuki powered in the old days, and they were junk.
    I forgot about those. They were P.O.S.

Quote Originally Posted by badbaggerHD View Post
    And on the coast here its Yamaha, Suzuki, Merc, and then Honda.
    Makes sense, if you’re going that far out, you need a reliable motor that you trust your life with. I’ll take Yamaha.

4. Member
    Looks like their plate is full! This was taken from their web page.

Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd. is a Japanese public multinational corporation primarily known as a manufacturer of motorcycles, heavy equipment, aerospace and defense equipment, rolling stock and ships. It is also active in the production of industrial robots, gas turbines, boilers and other industrial products.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    Kawasaki would probably do well with Outboards especially high performance since they build fast motorcycles (ZX14) and have one of the fastest production jet skis at 310 horsepower. Hopefully one day we will see them on the back of boats at our local Lakes and Oceans!

Also weird that Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki have made jet skis but Suzuki didn’t.
    Actually, Suzuki made what they called a Wetbike back in the late 70's early 80's.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by BroWhoop View Post
    Actually, Suzuki made what they called a Wetbike back in the late 70's early 80's.
    I’ve never seen one on the water growing up in the 70’s and 80’s. I wonder what it was like to ride one......

You bunch of Jack waggons. Yes I still run a Kawasaki. Runs like a striped ape!!

Here is the history of it. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....048&highlight=
    First member of Kawasaki Outboard Prostaff

Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    I’ve never seen one on the water growing up in the 70’s and 80’s. I wonder what it was like to ride one......

Are you asking about the wetbike or.....

9. Member
    Getting on it was like trying to get on a round cork! Pretty cool to ride, best my memory serves, that was a long time ago. And am talking about the Suzuki!!!
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorbass P3 View Post
    You bunch of Jack waggons. Yes I still run a Kawasaki. Runs like a striped ape!!

Here is the history of it. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....048&highlight=
    Glad you made it. It was getting close to bashing, so it's good to see you set the record straight.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    It's been at least 20+ years since I've seen a Suzuki on a bass boat (a Super Six?). I've never seen a Honda on a bass boat. Now on pontoons, I see a much more diverse engine mix... Around here the bass boat market is around 70% Mercury, 25% Yamaha and 5% Evinrude... Dan
    The Suzuki motors are becoming very popular around here on Ky Lake. Theres a few of the new Vexus boats running the Suzuki outboards. Also many of the commercial fishermen swear by them.

12. Member
    When I was younger I always had a Kawasaki KX dirt bike, those were some well made bikes.

13. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Honda’s are abundant on pontoons at lake of the Ozark and in the ocean world but bass boats they have never made it.I would say out of 20 slip 3 have Honda’s and than the rest are merc with a rude here and there.I was talking to a dock owner the other day he said love his Honda over 1000 hours and never a single issue,I said hope mine is that good!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12