Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why No Kawasaki Outboard

With Honda, Yamaha, and Suzuki in the marine industry, Always wondered why Kawasaki never got in the outboard game, since they already make jet skis.

Kawasaki engines can be found in a lot of commercial lawn/garden equipment, Zero Turn mowers, etc. I know they even used to have a line of weed eaters, etc.

Would be cool to see a big Kawasaki with Kaw. Green trim accents on the back of a bassboat.

2. Banned
    Because Honda is already in the game

3. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    I rarely see a Honda or Suzuki outboard here. Mercury is by far the most seen.

Dale Sinclair original

4. Member
    Yeah locally Mercury and some Yamaha rule. But you start getting offshore and it's a ton of Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki

Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    With Honda, Yamaha, and Suzuki in the marine industry, Always wondered why Kawasaki never got in the outboard game, since they already make jet skis.
    Kawasaki would probably do well with Outboards especially high performance since they build fast motorcycles (ZX14) and have one of the fastest production jet skis at 310 horsepower. Hopefully one day we will see them on the back of boats at our local Lakes and Oceans!

Also weird that Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki have made jet skis but Suzuki didn’t.

6. Member
    Prolly just not a market they wanted to get into. They make sled, 4 wheeler, side by side and motorcycle engines and still are viable so why why dump a pile of money into the marine world?
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Yeah locally Mercury and some Yamaha rule. But you start getting offshore and it's a ton of Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki
    I’ve noticed that too in Florida, not many Mercury’s on Saltwater boats.

8. Banned
    Razorbass, you're being paged here.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Cause we want reliability

10. Banned
    Because Kawasaki "Lets the Good Times ROLL" not float

Around here it all Yamaha all the time. Very few Mercs and few Suzukis. I think I have the only 2 stroke Johnson left in the state.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage Dog View Post
    Because Kawasaki "Lets the Good Times ROLL" not float

Around here it all Yamaha all the time. Very few Mercs and few Suzukis. I think I have the only 2 stroke Johnson left in the state.
    Where I live it's all merc...with some yammie mixed in. Once in awhile there is a BRP motor out there
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

12. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom G. View Post
    Razorbass, you're being paged here.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

13. Banned
    It's been at least 20+ years since I've seen a Suzuki on a bass boat (a Super Six?). I've never seen a Honda on a bass boat. Now on pontoons, I see a much more diverse engine mix... Around here the bass boat market is around 70% Mercury, 25% Yamaha and 5% Evinrude... Dan

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    Kawasaki would probably do well with Outboards especially high performance since they build fast motorcycles (ZX14) and have one of the fastest production jet skis at 310 horsepower. Hopefully one day we will see them on the back of boats at our local Lakes and Oceans!

Also weird that Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki have made jet skis but Suzuki didn’t.
    Tigershark pwc's were suzuki powered in the old days, and they were junk.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    It's been at least 20+ years since I've seen a Suzuki on a bass boat (a Super Six?). I've never seen a Honda on a bass boat. Now on pontoons, I see a much more diverse engine mix... Around here the bass boat market is around 70% Mercury, 25% Yamaha and 5% Evinrude... Dan
    And on the coast here its Yamaha, Suzuki, Merc, and then Honda.

16. Member
    I heard they had a new trolling motor in the works

17. Member
    Kawasaki and Suzuki were in bed together for awhile on Motorcycles...Kawasaki is pretty heavy into other marine products but maybe they have some type of agreement to not compete on outboards..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

Because Tohatsu has enough business building for the others.........

19. Member
    It would he pretty hard to get your foot in the door with a new outboard company.

Seems around here it depends what the marina on the water sells. If you're on Lake Freeman you would swear Suzuki sells more then any of the other manufacturers. Darn near ever new pontoon I see out there has a Suzuki on it.

XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast