Just bought a Z7

Just brought home my new to me 2012 Z7 to replace my Z7 Sport which will now go on the block for sale. I have hoped to get a little newer Z7 but found this one in South Florida that had lots of options that I didn't expect to get for the money I wanted to spend. Bought it from the original owner and had a chance to speak with the Tracker shop manager who had serviced it since new. Here's what's on the boat.

Merc 150 Pro XS (51 hours)
    Atlas Hydraulic jack plate
    Mercury smartcraft gauges
    Minn Kota Ulterra 80 lb troller
    Power Pole Blades -10 ft.
    Passenger console (which I wanted)
    Lowrance HDS8 (a pair)
    Bow boarding ladder

The boat ran fine on the water test and went 57 MPH at 5200 RPM with the trim and the jack plate tweaked. It has a Tempest 24P prop. I'm thinking I should go to a 23P based on some reading on this forum. Do you guys agree? The hole shot is OK but a little slow. Here are some pics:

Last edited by Rkammer; 06-23-2019 at 03:56 PM.

2. Member
    Looks good man. Some nice upgrades.

Congratulations!
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

4. Member
    Very nice and clean. Lots of good quality upgrades. Only thing you need to add is a spare tire.
    2017 Nitro Z21, 300XS, 24p Fury and Bravo1 XS 26p & 27p, 12' Talons, Gen3 12's, SonicHub2, 3DScan and 112 Ultrex and Fortrex.
    2017 Ranger Reata 223F, Mercury 150 Four Stroke, HDS12 Gen3, TotalScan, and Xi5

Quote Originally Posted by texasfisher View Post
    Very nice and clean. Lots of good quality upgrades. Only thing you need to add is a spare tire.
    I did get a spare tire and the bracket that clamps to the side of the trailer rail. He just never installed it preferring, I guess, to carry it in the bed of his truck.

6. Member
    That is nice! You are on point with the 23 Tempest. Once you add a little water in the wells, add a partner and some gear, then top off the fuel tank, that thing will be a bear to get out of the hole with a 24p prop. I'm running a 175 on my Z-7 with twin 10' blades and an Atlas JP. I have a 24 Tempest which is perfect for me

Quote Originally Posted by remaly181 View Post
    That is nice! You are on point with the 23 Tempest. Once you add a little water in the wells, add a partner and some gear, then top off the fuel tank, that thing will be a bear to get out of the hole with a 24p prop. I'm running a 175 on my Z-7 with twin 10' blades and an Atlas JP. I have a 24 Tempest which is perfect for me
    I kind of figured as much. Are there retailers that will give me a trade on a 23? Or, is there a market for a nice Tempest 24 here?

8. Member
    There is definitely a market especially here in the 'props4sale' section. Tempest props usually sell quickly.

9. Member
    Good looking rig!

10. Member
    Damn, that is a clean and good looking boat. I have a 2015 Z7 that I bought new and I love it. I'd love to have a 21' boat, but the z7 is an affordable way to get in a fiberglass bass boat. Mine has served me well.