Thread: Rough River

Rough River

Anyone doing any good there lately? Any good bags being caught? The Hoosier division BFL will be there again next weekend, we're actually fishing both the 29th and 30th. It's 2 separate tournaments, the one Saturday was scheduled up here at Monroe but was cancelled by our wonderful DNR so it was moved down there. The one on Sunday was also originally scheduled up here in April but cancelled as well so it's a make up tournament.
    I know the lakes high, not looking for help simply wondered if the fish are chewing down there.

2. Member
    Wonder why the Hoosier division keeps going there? Know y’all don’t have any decent lakes but the timing of your all’s tourneys there has been bad and had typically been on tougher seasonal times.

3. Member
    Yeah it’s 12.5’ high and rising. There will be no parking and the floaters are unreal!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dt16 View Post
    Yeah it’s 12.5’ high and rising. There will be no parking and the floaters are unreal!!
    Floaters will be bad for sure. It wouldn't surprise me if the tourney is canceled. They typically hold Rough back and let Nolin and Barren out first. I see it being a few feet higher by weekend.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

I think they keep taking us there because it's convenient. It's not much further for us distance wise and much easier for the flw staff vs coming all the way up here. As far as timing, they have to schedule around other tournaments so they just go with the open date. Only reason our DNR cancelled it here is due to lack of parking with our lakes flooded which is total bs. They keep a percentage of the total parking open for pleasure boats based on the number of spaces at summer pool. As we lose parking spaces due to flooding the percentage available for tournaments goes down. Fishing has been well above average this year with all the fish up in the flooded stuff, wish it were here.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    I think they keep taking us there because it's convenient. It's not much further for us distance wise and much easier for the flw staff vs coming all the way up here. As far as timing, they have to schedule around other tournaments so they just go with the open date. Only reason our DNR cancelled it here is due to lack of parking with our lakes flooded which is total bs. They keep a percentage of the total parking open for pleasure boats based on the number of spaces at summer pool. As we lose parking spaces due to flooding the percentage available for tournaments goes down. Fishing has been well above average this year with all the fish up in the flooded stuff, wish it were here.
    Ah makes sense but obviously not good for the fisherman. I don't think they factor that in here. I do know the lower lot at State may be a little tricky due to high water but two other lots to park in. You may also be able to put in at another ramp such as Laurel Branch and drive over in the morning. Lots of boats do that during big tourneys such as USA Bassin Regional.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades