Advantech plywood questions

Can this stuff be used for a boat deck, or floor? Fiberglass over it?

2. Member
    Probably, as long as you keep the water off it long-term. IIRC, it's an OSB product. I've built plenty of homes with it - super stiff and flat, but heavy because of the resins. I'd stick with fiberglass-wrapped marine ply for any boat worth keeping.

3. Member
    Agree with bb1, Advantech is a great product but heavy. A sheet of 1/2" weighs almost 60 lbs, 3/4" is about 80 lbs, and an interesting property of it is that screws, nails, bolts, etc., hold great when it penetrates completely through the Advantech. A screw just screwed into the Advantech does not fare as well and the wood and resins seems to want to crumble around the screw. As a sheathing product you can't beat it. I have used MDO and HDO plywood (often called signboard) for this, and these panels are waterproof, stiff, flat, no voids, etc. Probably won't find it except in larger cities and towns.

4. Member
    I'm telling you if you can get coosa board I would go that route. light, strand will never rot.

5. Member
    If I had the extra money, I would. I need to redo the entire boat deck/floor. That would be 3-4 sheets @ $300+ a sheet. Not including shipping. The closest retailer/distributor I found is about 6 hours (one way) away.
    I did research it. As for the argument of "buy once , cry once", maybe so. However, that would also blow my budget.

6. Member
    When I rebuilt my 1978 monarch in 1990 I used regular 3/4" plywood and fiberglass. 15 years later it was still fine.