Thread: Huminbird

Huminbird

Do you guys think huminbird will come out with a new system to compete with livescope.

2. Member
    Not this year, :(

3. Member
    They really need to I’m holding out on buying the livescope hoping huminbird will answer the call. If they don’t introduce something at i cast next month I’m going to pull the trigger.

4. Member
    I already did, :)

5. Member
    which one ya get there ROY
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    Echomap Ultra 122 with Livescope, love it, nothing else comes close.

7. Member
    wheres best deal on um
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

8. Member
    Call Brian at BBG Marine, he'll do you right.

9. Member
    I see humminbird is going to go out with mega 360 . I really don't think it will compete with the livescope so I'm fixing to buy a unit smh I was really hoping the would come out a equivalent so I wouldn't have to get new units but I guess not. SMH.

I'm sure Humminbird will eventually jump into the "live" sonar game, but they have a strong nitch with the 360 and will get a LOT of sales with a mega 360 with a better image. I'll bet there are a lot of them pre-ordered already ..... Right now they are building on their own innovations.

It's kinda like it was with chirp. They resisted going with it for quite a while but eventually went all-in with it. (Quite frankly, I'm not sure that was a good decision since they have been having major issues even keeping a reliable depth reading ever since. They may have lost more sales because of that glitch than they gained by having chirp .... and still haven't fully resolved it.)

Mega 360 looks like it is going to be an amazing tool .... just not gonna do it for the people who want live sonar. I'm sure it is being worked on within Humminbird, they just don't have anything to bring to market yet.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

11. Member
    It's kinda like it was with chirp. They resisted going with it for quite a while but eventually went all-in with it. (Quite frankly, I'm not sure that was a good decision since they have been having major issues even keeping a reliable depth reading ever since. They may have lost more sales because of that glitch than they gained by having chirp .... and still haven't fully resolved it.)

BobB

Currently running networked 998s bow and helm and a Terrova Tmotor.

Can the new mega+ units be set not to run chirp and just run a standard 200/83 sonar?
    If so, are there problems with that sonar combo also or just the chirp?

I am looking for SI on the transom with fast and accurate in hull sonar for depth while running at higher speeds.
    The SI unit will be used for marking waypoints, Tmotor control and mapping.

I have other sonar on the boat (bow and helm networked) to use while fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    BobB

Can the new mega+ units be set not to run chirp and just run a standard 200/83 sonar?

I am looking for SI on the transom with fast and accurate in hull sonar for depth while running at higher speeds.

I wouldn't let the problems keep you from buying one. The problem holding depth has been improved and i'm sure they will resolve it.

If your lakes are HD mapped by Lakemaster having the unit for SI and mapping alone will be worth it....The SI is the best going.

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    BobB

Yes you can turn CHIRP off and select a single frequency within the 140-240 kHz range.

Yes you can dumb down the unit to a G2N or first generation by purchasing a MEGA SI or HDSI transducer to get the Dual Beam 83/200 kHz capability.
    You can make the SI models even dumber, by using a DI or just a 2D transducer of your choice.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    I already did, :)
    yeah me two just did.