Thread: BUCKING HORSE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Assuming your 250 Pro xs 4-stroke has a torquemaster and from my experience, I'd guess that you really need a sporty on that boat to make it perform as it should. I never did find a solution to the holeshot issue. I'm sure the foil would help, I just didn't want to drill holes in my new lowers to install one..
    Last edited by falconpilot; 06-23-2019 at 02:39 PM.
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

2. Member
    1/2 inch below pad. I had a touque master on a 225 Proxs and a 20 xf and would run 81 loaded and 83 light, so the torque master will run. Not wanting to race. Was told by dealer and bullet this boat should be a solid 80 mph boat loaded to fish and a partner. THat gear case should be good to 85ish. I do run a heavy boat and fish around lots of shallow grassy water so the sport master was not my best option, I really just need to go to the water and play with some props and height but it is just to damn hot and crowded right now. I know a couple guys in mobile have SS and I may reach out to them to see if they have any suggestions or are willing to help.

Also might want to try moving gear around try putting as much heavy stuff in the back light in front
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

4. Member
    My SS had the low speed porpoise. Bman plate and negative trim wedges solved that. Coming from my XRD to the SS it feels like the SS is not lifting, The deck is curved down so much is gives the illusion from the drivers seat that its not lifting. Maby something not rite with the prop or motor?

I'd try a different prop. Some props are turds in stock form and it sounds like you got one.

6. Member
    I’d also bring motor on up. Watch your water psi.
    Allison XB 2002, 2.5 280

7. Member
    Nocull0 what part of Mississippi are you from? I’m right outside of Tupelo and if I can help I’m more than willing to.

8. Banned
    Foil and 2 degree wedges will solve your problem.

9. Banned
    My s boat has been a learning curve and I came from a 20comp/300xs. I had to put a foil on, it helped tremendously low speed porpoise. I just ran around with my 5 year old cousin at 18-22mph on plane for an hour. Wonder what that did lugging my motor. LOL. My holeshot is average. Not good not bad. Running a 30 performer P4. 1.5 inches above pad.

10. Member
    Ran a 27 pitch Power Tech yesterday, Smaller in diameter and pitch. Prop was in no way new. Boat came out of the hole good and didn't porrpoise nearly as bad. Ran the boat up to 76 at 5900RPM. Not enough straight away to open wide open. Bravo must be bad. Probably gonna send the bravo off to be re-worked. Any recommendations?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by collins4 View Post
    Foil and 2 degree wedges will solve your problem.
    x2

mY 20xd, 300xs would porpose. put a B-man foil and bobs 2deg negative wedge. Problem gone, you will also gain a holeshot and rough water handling.

12. Banned
    Josh Edwards knows how to work on a Bravo.

13. Member
    Yep your prop or motor is bad, lots of problems with the new 4 strokes. I know a guy that’s had his 250r in the shop 3 times already. His boat runs 81 82 with power poles and ultrex 1 person. Sst

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12