Thread: BUCKING HORSE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BUCKING HORSE

ANYONE ELSE WITH A 21 SST HAVING PORPOISE TROUBLE RUNNING AT LOW SPEEDS.

2. Member
    What speeds you talking?

3. Member
    Bullets are not made for low speeds, get you a astroglass if you want to go slow, lol, just kidding, I hate a boat that does that.

4. Member
    Under 30 mph my XRS likes to porpoise
    XRS/250 ProXS

5. Member
    Mine does it until 40 mph, having serious issues setting this boat up in general. Terrible holeshot (blows out bad). Boat will not lift nor carry a load with a 28 Bravo XS. I am running a 250 4 atroke pro xs. Had a phoenix 920 run off and leave me. THis boay is running 73 loaded with 2 people. It is almost embarrassing.

6. Member
    Mine does seem to want to porpoise a little coming off plane but not to bad I don't think. But I'm running a different motor combo than you.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocull0 View Post
    It is almost embarrassing.
    Time... It'll take a little time to get it setup and running... Your dealer, the board and the factory are an extremely knowledgeable bunch, use them. Plus you'll need to put in the seat time to make it happen... Don't get frustrated, there's a learning curve with a Bullet... With my 21XRS it took me a better part of a week just to get it out of the hole consistantly, but after playing with the PVS system it now rockets out... Time and patience... Dan

8. Member
    Are you trimming it up to fast? This will cause porpoising and slower speeds also keeping it trimmed up while coming off plane will also cause it.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

9. Member
    Trimming up to fast causes prop to slip so if your jamming the gas and trimming to the moon it never allows prop to take a set
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

Power poles? What prop?

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

11. Member
    Motor is tucked and no trim. I had a 20xf with a 250 Proxs with a sport master and drove the crap out of it. Not a seat time issue. Need to try some other props but where I am at all people have is 26 and under tempest and trophies. Also, can jam the gas on take off, have to feather it to get ot to break over. Tried difefrent PVS situations and basically the same issue. Only dealer is 60 miles away and he just started selling Bullets and really not familiar with the issue. I talked to Tom already and stated they don't have a lot of info on this set up. Not wanting to race just would like to have a boat that is not capable of passing a cookie cutter. I have a old 27 trophy that is a spare and if it works, I am gonna send the bravo tp get worked.

12. Member
    No poles/ 28 bravo 1 XS = 4 batteries

13. Member
    What is the setback ?
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

14. Member
    I think a foil would really help porpoising and breaking loose on hole shot.

15. Member
    Stock plate. I think it 14 inches, Have been thinking about the foil as well. Wanna figure the top end out first.

16. Member
    Surely someone has this exact boat with it set up to perform properly, 73 ? were you dragging an anchor ? Just kidding, hope you get her dialed in because i have one on order, will be asking lots of questions.

Check for full pull on the throttle linkage.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

18. Member
    Did already. computer shows 99.7% on throttle. I am lost as hell on this. Mptor has never turned up over 5800 RPMS. Like I said earlier gonna run some smaller props and see what happenes, Raised motor 2 clics from factory setting and still no RPM differnce. Obviously not my first rodeo with motor eight etc but this is puzzling.

19. Member
    I’d put either a BMan foil on or ally foil. Also where is your prop shaft centerline to bottom of boat?
    Allison XB 2002, 2.5 280

20. Member
    The foil should cure your porpoise. I run a different boat but mine done that. Night/Day difference. Hardest part was drilling the holes. But after first try was best thing I did. Also sound like your dragging with that low rpm. Also How is it loaded. I know the SST to is a new bullet model. And most of other bullets run 1” or more above pad. Curious to where your is set at. I’d call Paul Nichols & talk to him. He will steer you rt.
    Allison XB 2002, 2.5 280

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast