Oneida Conditions

Has anyone been there recently that could share water conditions and what stage the fish are currently on?

2. Member
    I'm on her every chance I can get. The lake is way behind like every lake in the northeast. Water hovers from 66 to 71. Lake is chock full of bait,walleye,bass,perch, and pickerel some days are amazing and some are finicky. But that's oneida

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorsin09 View Post
    I'm on her every chance I can get. The lake is way behind like every lake in the northeast. Water hovers from 66 to 71. Lake is chock full of bait,walleye,bass,perch, and pickerel some days are amazing and some are finicky. But that's oneida
    I actually think its about the same or touch warmer then every lake ive been to in NY this year. I have yet to find a lake over 67
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 06-24-2019 at 12:58 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    I actually think its about the same or touch warmer then every l;ake ive been to in NY this year. ive yet to find a lake over 67
    Same here. Oneida tends to be warmer than any lake I know of. One thing is the grass in every lake I fished this year is almost non existent. Haven’t seen such little vegetation growth like this in a long time. Headed up to Old Forge area this week and I’m betting the water temps are going to be in the low 60s
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Same here. Oneida tends to be warmer than any lake I know of. One thing is the grass in every lake I fished this year is almost non existent. Haven’t seen such little vegetation growth like this in a long time. Headed up to Old Forge area this week and I’m betting the water temps are going to be in the low 60s
    agree with weed growth, very little for this time of year, and water levels are high to very high in most lakes. Stopped at Onondaga and Otisco yesterday on way home from St. lawrence water levels were up at least 2 feet plus since 2 weeks ago and Onondaga is a chocolate milk mess. water temp on Onondaga was 65 to 66 ish. Just drove past Otisco water is high as ive ever seen it and water was very stained compared to what we are used to seeing.

6. Member
    Oneida was up in the low 70s on Monday but I agree, way behind this year. Most the largemouth I've been catching have been skinny still, some still had bloody tails last week. The grass is way behind but this past week started coming in deeper

7. Member
    Saw 72 today but thats deceiving. I swim alot and 5 feet down its 10 degrees colder. This warm weather will probably change that. Lake is loaded with mayflies,perch,bait, and crawfish. Unbelieveable how much there is out there to eat.

8. Member
    Now that the gobies made their way into Oneida it’s only a matter of time before the weights skyrocket imo. My parents had a camp by Godfrey point and in the 7 years they had it, I only caught gobies the last year. I have a feeling the fishing will slow down for about 2 years then it’ll become a mini Lake Ontario
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I honestly would love to get some gobies in some of my smallmouth lakes I fish, to me they are a good invasive species.

10. Member
    Alot of the gobies died in the last 2 years I barely see them now. I hope they stay gone oneida is a baitfish lake that's what makes it so unique. Water temps were up to 76 yesterday during the aba grass is exploding