Alabama Bass Club Moderator

Thumbs Up Sign up to fish the "NoAl Tennessee River Trailer Tournament" on the 20th of July

The next NoAl tournament will be the annual "Tennessee River Trailer Tournament" on the 20th of July. Registration will begin at 4:00 am at the ramp on the north end of Florence Harbor near the ball field. Participants may then trailer to the ramp of their choice on Pickwick, Wilson, Wheeler or Guntersville and "ease off" at first light. Weigh in will be at McFarland Park at 1:00 pm with a cook out afterwards. Spouses, children and guests are invited and encouraged to attend!! Please note the number of guests you will be bringing when you sign up so we'll have a better idea of how many to prepare for.

We have Shelter #2 reserved for this year's event. To get there, drive down the main road entering the park and go past the entrance to the main ramp. Continue on that same road and it will be the second pavilion on the left. We will have ample picnic tables with seating so there's no need to bring them this year. Look forward to seeing everyone there!!!

Confirmed Participants

Avery Faile (+4) & Chris Fortney (+4)
    Matt Lawler (+1)
    Dennis Sandoval (+??) & Matt King (+??)
    Harry Speegle (+1) & partner TBD
    Tommy Baker (+3)
    Hunter Roberts (+0)
    Hudean Wilson (+0) & Janice Wilson (+0)
    Terry (+1) & Mike (+??)
    Last edited by AveryF; 07-17-2019 at 07:16 PM.

Gonna plan to fish this one Avery..I assume we are eating the norm? Burgers and dogs...chicken... Then whatever everybody brings???
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

3. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    Gonna plan to fish this one Avery..I assume we are eating the norm? Burgers and dogs...chicken... Then whatever everybody brings???
    I'm pretty sure the menu will be about the same as before. And you don't need to bring anything other than a big appetite!!

Is Amber coming with you????

4. Member
    I should be able to make this one, good Lord willing! I'll try to get Matt King to fish it with me.

Quote Originally Posted by AveryF View Post
    I'm pretty sure the menu will be about the same as before. And you don't need to bring anything other than a big appetite!!

Is Amber coming with you????
    Gonna try to get her to come down..maybe make a pie or two..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

6. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    Gonna try to get her to come down..maybe make a pie or two..
    Sweet!!

7. Member
    Tommy plus 3

I plan on being there. Just me as of now.
    2010 NITRO Z8 w/ 225 OPTI

9. Member
    i think Janice and i are gonna try to make it .she said her head was about to explode from the heat last year i told we was in a cold front but she thinks i'm nuts.if we can make it we will bring some maters

10. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    Angel and I drove down to McFarland to check things out after all the rain we've had lately and I'm extremely glad that we got a shelter this year! There is still a fair amount of standing water and we saw very, very few places where we might be able to set up like we did the past couple of years.

FYI, the Nina and Pinta, two full scale replicas of the ships used by Columbus to sail to the New World, are docked at McFarland for the next several days if anyone's interested. They are quite a site to behold and I don't see how in the world anyone could survive a journey across the Atlantic in them! Angel, Katie and I took two of our grandchildren this morning and they really seemed to enjoy it.

11. Member
    Avery how was the water on the river high or good

12. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by hootsbullet View Post
    Avery how was the water on the river high or good
    The water color was really good up by McFarland with no muddy water that I could see. My guess is that the water coming into the main lake from Coffee Slough and some of the creeks will be muddy, though. TVA was moving some water but no more than any other hot summer day during the week. The water level might've been up 6" or so but certainly not bad.
    Last edited by AveryF; 07-19-2019 at 09:34 PM.