Live HDMI video sound from iPhone?

Connected my iPhone to the 12 Live unit via HDMI and I don’t get sound anymore from my phone (video works fine on the HDS). Don’t have a sonic hub so how can I get the sound out of my iPhone? Would like to have my iPhone connected to a Bluetooth speaker. Thanks for any help!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by back_lash View Post
    Connected my iPhone to the 12 Live unit via HDMI and I don’t get sound anymore from my phone (video works fine on the HDS). Don’t have a sonic hub so how can I get the sound out of my iPhone? Would like to have my iPhone connected to a Bluetooth speaker. Thanks for any help!
    Get you a Bluetooth speaker and it works good, on apple iPhone when you plug in charging port there never any sound . I got Bluetooth speaker too
    t
    2019 Nitro Z18
    Mercury 150 FourStroke

Not sure I understand what your saying. I was able to connect to my DVI monitor via HDMI (adapter) to my iPhone and got video on the monitor and still had sound from my phone speakers. That’s what I would like to happen when connected to the Live unit.

4. Member
    yes - you just need to pick the right sound output from the video you're watching - usually DOCK CONNECTOR or Phone will be the two options if bluetooth speaker not connected.
    Chad Snow / Massachusetts
    2007 Ranger Reata 210 - Mercury Optimax 225 (#1B446134) - 12' Talons
    Carbon12’s @ Bow w/ AT- live 12 w/ 3D & live 7 @ Helm

5. Member
    I've tried all these tricks and still, no audio from the phone or bluetooth speaker. Doesn't matter what application I run, either.
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

Hey ClarkBird, the only way I got it to work is to connect my audio jack from my phone which is a 6 to my Bluetooth speaker so not sure how you can do it on a newer iPhone without the audio jack

7. Member
    hmmm...
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO