Tico

PHX Boats - Water in compartments?

I am considering moving to a Phoenix PHX boat and would like to know if the compartment boxes stay dry. This is includes fishing in the rain and pulling the boat for hours while traveling to the lakes.

All helpful comments are appreciated - thank you.

2. Member
    Main compartments stay dry. Water gets in the small boxes by the cooler and in the rod box next to pass seat some.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billydonwon View Post
    Main compartments stay dry. Water gets in the small boxes by the cooler and in the rod box next to pass seat some.
    Agree.......all compartments dry except for the the "step" compartments.

4. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbacks View Post
    Agree.......all compartments dry except for the the "step" compartments.
    I wonder if I could drill a drain hole in the little step compartment next to the cooler, and would it go down to bilge area if I do?
    It fills up with water when it rains.

5. Member
    I don't look in there much as they are under the passenger console. Probably should.....

6. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duncankopprichardson View Post
    I don't look in there much as they are under the passenger console. Probably should.....
    I have dual consoles in my pro xp. There is a small daybox type compartment next to my cooler, and a larger one under passenger console. If I take out the small daybox that's next to the cooler, it will be full of water underneath if I fished in rain all day. The underneath part of that small compartment runs all the way under the passenger console box, so they they both hold water.
    I'm wondering if I could drill a hole underneath in the corners so the water will drain into bilge? Just not sure where water will go if I do drill the holes.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    I have dual consoles in my pro xp. There is a small daybox type compartment next to my cooler, and a larger one under passenger console. If I take out the small daybox that's next to the cooler, it will be full of water underneath if I fished in rain all day. The underneath part of that small compartment runs all the way under the passenger console box, so they they both hold water.
    I'm wondering if I could drill a hole underneath in the corners so the water will drain into bilge? Just not sure where water will go if I do drill the holes.
    Yes, I drilled holes in the both back corners in mine. Just be careful and use short bits. None of the step boxes or the passenger side locker are designed to be dry.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    I wonder if I could drill a drain hole in the little step compartment next to the cooler, and would it go down to bilge area if I do?
    It fills up with water when it rains.
    Mine has drain holes from the factory. I would assume they all should.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vausoner View Post
    Mine has drain holes from the factory. I would assume they all should.
    mine too
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite