Replacement for a broken rod.

I broke about a foot off a Dobyns 702 Champion HP. I know that I can pay the fee and get it replaced. My question is this is my favorite rod for throwing weightless Texas rigged plastics. I'm trying to figure out what ALX rod would be a good replacement.
    John the Garage Doorman

2. Member

3. Member
    I use the Dream. Alex can answer it, give him a call.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by va floater View Post
    I use the Dream. Alex can answer it, give him a call.
    Will give him a call on Monday. Found it broke today when I took it out of the rod locker. Just wanting to try something different.
    John the Garage Doorman

I use my ALX Speedfury. This is a heck of a rod for casting light baits. PM Alex here on BBC (Cidgrad)

I'd look at the Speedfury is good (based on teh 702 comment) as is the Dream or the Rosa for weightless. The Mitch was designed for senkos on cover... It would help if you define "texas rigged weightless plastics" and the environment you are fishing it.

I've got some 10" senkos I throw... that I T-Rig... but I'm sure not using a Speedfury or even a Mitch. Also where are you are tossing it... grass, docks, trees...

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cidgrad View Post
    I'd look at the Speedfury is good (based on teh 702 comment) as is the Dream or the Rosa for weightless. The Mitch was designed for senkos on cover... It would help if you define "texas rigged weightless plastics" and the environment you are fishing it.

I've got some 10" senkos I throw... that I T-Rig... but I'm sure not using a Speedfury or even a Mitch. Also where are you are tossing it... grass, docks, trees...
    I'm going to use the setup for throwing 5" senkos some 7" worms and other smaller plastics. Mostly will be throwing to and around milfoil and other grasses. I use a a 3.0 and 4.0 offset hook weightless most of the time. Will also put a very light bullet weight on if the grass is thick max weight of 1/8 ounce. I will be putting a Dawia Tatula SV 103 on the rod. I'm looking for a well balanced rod since this is my setup for about 90% of my fishing for late May to Sept.
    John the Garage Doorman

8. Banned
    Sorry to say but I'd stick with dobyns

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxlue View Post
    Sorry to say but I'd stick with dobyns
    Actually i really want to try something different. Just too many issues with inserts popping out of the guides.
    John the Garage Doorman

Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    I'm going to use the setup for throwing 5" senkos some 7" worms and other smaller plastics. Mostly will be throwing to and around milfoil and other grasses. I use a a 3.0 and 4.0 offset hook weightless most of the time. Will also put a very light bullet weight on if the grass is thick max weight of 1/8 ounce. I will be putting a Dawia Tatula SV 103 on the rod. I'm looking for a well balanced rod since this is my setup for about 90% of my fishing for late May to Sept.
    ALX Rods ZOLO Dream

I wouldn't use a Speedfury with that set up.