BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar

Bird Rally Update

OK here is the deal

we are at
    57 Chick
    72 Guntersville
    9 buggs
    11 watts bar

now all these very between the 2 dates and only a 1/3 says 100% they would come, then we dont know how many would go to the opposite lake
    here is the next deal, I have 5 people from all different states willing to come help and the best date for all is the 5th of October
    Now on the 5th there is a Triton Owners Tx going out of Dayton, and a Spro TX on Guntersville, both very large when it come to using up places to stay.
    Next to be somewhat official we must have a dealer involved, we dont have one confirmed. without that no free hats and stuff.
    we are looking at going south on Chick, near Chester frost, or wolftever creek. but need places to stay.
    another option less pressured lake but reported good fishing was fort loudon
    keep hitting dead ends and when I leave NC I loose help and backing so im having to look for new resources

We have to lock something down and we dont have enough confirmed at any one place to get much help sponsor wise, still open to ideas but keep in mind this is a eastern/central , there are other thinks in the works to create other owners tournaments and gatherings further south and possibly further west.

open to commits and suggestions
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

2. Member
    You might try Moses Watersports ? They have two locations one in Chattanooga and another in Knoxville. Fits Chick and Ft. London. They are a Phoenix dealer.
    2019 Phoenix 819 ProXP
    200 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS

3. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    What about Nickajack Lake? Close to Chick & prolly less tournaments. Same river system so it holds nice size fish too.

4. Banned
    Why not lake Hartwell in Anderson SC? Plenty of places to stay.

How about Table Rock. It’s centrally located, plenty of places to stay around Branson, and can be a fun lake to fish? I think there is a Phoenix dealer close by also.
    Last edited by BigSexyPhoenix; 06-24-2019 at 07:52 PM.

6. Member
    I'm still saying Pickwick!

7. Member
    Looks like Buggs it is lol

8. Member
    McCallister Marine is 20 mins from the port of kimberling on table rock, great folks to deal with, he sells lots of Phoenixs

Andy is the one doing this. He is putting in all the time and effort into it. He can't drive halfway across the country to put this on. If someone else wants to step up and coordinate everything at another lake in the Midwest then that's great. Just remember the man that is putting in the effort to make this happen lives in North Carolina.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

10. Member
    To get a final commitment number you need to pick 1 lake and 1 date. There are plenty of places near Chester Frost. Guntersville up to Scottsboro will be very difficult to find places to stay.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

11. Member
    I'm not sure about Moses in Chattanooga but the Knoxville location leaves alot to be desired unless you want a wave maker boat.

You might be able to work with Phoenix directly to get swag for Chickamauga since the factory is just down the road. Could possibly set up a tour for everyone Friday afternoon as well.

As far as hotels there are several in Hixson just a few minutes from chester frost park as well as a bunch off shallowford road that are 20-25 min from the park and those have a bunch of restaurants close by.

For wolftever there are several at the Cleveland exit and shallowford road hotels would work for there as well. Im not sure if any of those I've mentioned are as boat friendly as the Dayton area lodging or not though.

Can't help with lodging for Guntersville but if that is the choice then Freedom Marine would be who you'd want to work with down there.

Quote Originally Posted by vausoner View Post
    Andy is the one doing this. He is putting in all the time and effort into it. He can't drive halfway across the country to put this on. If someone else wants to step up and coordinate everything at another lake in the Midwest then that's great. Just remember the man that is putting in the effort to make this happen lives in North Carolina.
    He said he had 5 different people from 5 different states willing to come help him. Did those people say they wouldn’t help if it was held in the Midwest? It was just a suggestion that checked all of the boxes he was having trouble with. I’m sure there are people out this way that would be willing to help him.

Im one of them. I would drive to table rock. But its a little far for the guy putting it on and the guys traveling with him to drive and I don't blame them. That's all.
    Jason

14. Member
    Andy put a ton of time and effort into this event last year. It was discussed to look at other locations, and that is a great idea. The reality is, it has been a major task to get support from out of area dealers etc to make the event happen. The event was great last year!!!

Yes it was.
    Jason