Thread: z19 radio

z19 radio

has anyone ordered a Z19 from the factory with a radio? if so do you have pictures of its install?? My dealer forgot to order it in my boat now I'm being told its not an option for them to order on a Z19. I'm 13 weeks out and getting a little run around now. I was supposed to have my boat yesterday but now it will be next week. I don't like being jerked around, I'm very patient but this is getting old fast.

2. Member
    The option is available on the Nitro website for the Z19. Even if they can't order it with the stereo for some reason they can always buy a Sony marine bluetooth stereo (same one Nitro installs) and install it themselves. It shouldn't be hard to figure out.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

3. Member
    I agree, it turned into a big deal and shouldn't have been. It is and online option and was on the order sheet for nitro when I signed that all the options I wanted were correct in March. It showed up Wednesday Finally with no radio. They are ordering the radio form nitro (as a z20 part number I guess, it really doesn't matter to me) and installing it. But now it just adds even more wait time. It just was a frustrating day as I was promised delivery Yesterday, then Today, and now it will be late next week at best. 13+ weeks wears a guy out. I guess what's another week at this point.
    I also don't like that they have to cut into the boat at the dealer when it should have been a factory install. it's just not the same. From the factory its all done and wired before all the trim is put on and things are just cleaner usually. Hopefully they do a good job and next week it will be a distant memory.

4. Member
    Get a Lowrance Sonic Hub 2 - if you have Lowrance electronics. Great system! Everything runs through your phone or the Lowrance electronics. The main unit installs in any compartment. I bought the system as part of a Boat in a Box deal with 2 Lowrance HDS Carbon units. I upgraded to Kicker speakers- sounds awesome. Here are a few pics.

5. Member
    That's a nice set-up for sure. I have Humminbird electronics otherwise I'd be looking in that. I do like the speaker placement! I have seen on the Z20 that they put them in the front face of the cooler. I'm not sure if there is room on the Z19 though.

6. Member
    Z19 does not have the space like the pic shown above. I have sonic hub and without cutting holes in the gunnel walls by hot foot and same on co/port side, there is nowhere to mount them that I have found anyway. I did however consider a center box with speakers and the hub mounted inside but then you deal with logistics of stepping on speakers unless its removable. So at this stage, I have owned sonic hub 2.0 and have not installed it for two years.

7. Member
    From my searching I believe this is "factory" locations for the speakers on a Z19. One is in the Gunnel next to passenger seat and the other is in the foot rest under the drivers counsel.
    I'd like to see if anyone has put them side by side in front of the cooler in a Z19?? I'm not sure if there is enough room. I've seen it in Z20's and Z21's.
    As for my original situation, the dealer has ordered the Nitro radio it was supposed to have from the factory. They will install it in a week or 2. I should get my Z19 today if all goes as planned.

These photo's I found on Boattest.com. It is a Z19.

6380261_0_311219691600_4.jpg6380261_0_311219691600_12.jpg

8. Banned
    I have a Z18 and mounted the speakers on the front side of the ice chest. Its proximal to the previous posters location. I too bought kicker low profile speakers so they do not take away the functionality of the cooler. I did have to take out some insulation but it seems to still hold ice just fine.

9. Member
    I would second the sonic hub, Here is where I just put speakers in my z18
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Member
    Thanks with the help on the pic guys, Super helpful!

11. Member
    I figured I'd show how this ended up. The dealer installed the radio kit. Again this is a 2019 Z19.
    The speakers do fit in the cooler wall with a slight (1/4") trimming of the cooler insulation. There is roughly 1" of foam so it's a very easy minor modification.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mhesse78; 08-09-2019 at 01:23 PM.