2010 150 ho etec

Never owned an Evinrude so I need some advice. Looking at a really clean boat with this motor on it. Compression is great, but it has 420 hours on it. Guess I just want to know if this is a lot for one of these or if I can expect it to last a while longer. It’s a one owner rig that has been serviced by the same dealer and has always used Evinrude oil in it. I know that boat motors are a crap shoot but would appreciate anyone’s advice on this. Thanks

2. Member
    I had a 2005 225 E Tec on my Triton. It was a great engine for me. I would make one suggestion, if you purchase it, take it to a dealer that can remove the injectors and send them off and have them cleaned and calibrated. 450 hours is only 50 hours per year, so not above average use at all in my mind. Good luck on your decision.

Check in at the Evinrude forum. Additionally, get a printout of the motor history and look for faults, over heats, service, etc...

4. Member
    My 2010 has been assume.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    My 2010 has been assume.
    assume what????

6. Member
    You know what I meant guess my spell check didn't catch that one.

7. Member
    Assume?....... I'm old, so I didn't get that at first. Leave it like it is, that's a free spelling lesson.

Since the P O used Evinrude oil, you are much better off, those motors were designed for it. I had a 150 H O on a Basscat Eyra, it would haul ass. I hit over 70 GPS with me and another fat guy on board.