250ss on Triton prop??

About to pull the trigger on a new 250ss and I’m wondering what prop I should get. I run a 03 Triton TR21 that had a Mercury Optimax 225 with a PowerTech 24 pitch 4 blade and 25 pitch tempest. Reading I need a bigger pitch with the Suzuki. Thinking of a 28 pitch 4 blade right now, but would like to hear opinions on it! Thanks!

2. Member
    A 4 bladed 27 or 28P Suzuki prop sounds about right. Maybe Sam will chime in what prop he runs on his Triton.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

3. Member
    I'd message Brandon Card on FB. He ran a Triton Suzuki for years before going to Basscat the last few years. He is good to respond it seems.

4. Member
    As a person who’s spent more money on props then needed I definitely ask Card. He was able to give some good advice on props that was better advice then what I got elsewhere.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake520 View Post
    As a person who’s spent more money on props then needed I definitely ask Card. He was able to give some good advice on props that was better advice then what I got elsewhere.
    Just curious, what prop did B. Card recommend for you?

6. Member
    26 or 27 4 Blade 14.5”. I have a 27 now and would like to have a 26 to try.

7. Member
    I am running a 26p powertech RKR4 on a TR21X3 and with the 250ss I’m getting 68. I have a 27p solas scorpion on the way and will be trying it soon. The 28p Suzuki prop was too mich for my heavy sled.
    Stratos 201 Pro Elite, Evinrude 200 Etec H.O., Minn Kota, Humminbird

8. Member
    I hate to hijack this thread, but what's a rough cost estimate on re-powering with the 250ss? I'm looking to re-power the boat in my sig.
    2007 Basscat Pantera II. 200hp Yamaha Hpdi.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PowellSixO View Post
    I hate to hijack this thread, but what's a rough cost estimate on re-powering with the 250ss? I'm looking to re-power the boat in my sig.
    Roughly $20K all together. The motor itself will cost anywhere from $18 to $19K and another 2K for rigging and other parts. I probably paid too much, but I was quoted $16K for another Mer Pro XS, $17K for a Verado, $20K for a Yamaha SHO and $20K for the G2. All these prices were before rigging costs. I could've gone the cheap route with another Pro XS, but I wouldn't of received priority service at the dealer and I was tired of doing service to prevent the compressor from blowing on it. Would've thought about a Honda, but there is no dealers in my area, so I didn't bother.
    Last edited by booter; 07-01-2019 at 12:30 PM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by booter View Post
    Roughly $20K all together. The motor itself will cost anywhere from $18 to $19K and another 2K for rigging and other parts.
    Sweet thank you! I had never really considered Suzuki before, but the more I read the more I'm interested. Plus trying to find a mercury 4 stroke right now is darn near impossible.
    2007 Basscat Pantera II. 200hp Yamaha Hpdi.

11. Member
    Sweet thank you! I had never really considered Suzuki before, but the more I read the more I'm interested. Plus trying to find a mercury 4 stroke right now is darn near impossible.
    Outside of the trouble that Kevin is having with his motor due to poor dealer support and Suzuki rep being a dipsh!t, the rest of us have been trouble free for the most part. Our biggest gripe is finding the correct prop to run on our boats. If you follow the Suzuki owners group on FB, which is mostly a salter water group, it will give you a better understanding the problems that people have with Suzuki's in general.

12. Member
    Thanks for the info guys. I actually got Brandon card to message me back and he told me a 27 pitch. I ended up getting a 27 Suzuki 4 blade and after getting it out and putting in my break in hours I think I either have to go up in pitch size and/or raise my motor on the back plate a little. I’m only getting to 5500rpm at wot and my hole shot isn’t great. Any other suggestions?

13. Member
    If you hole shot is not great and only turning 5500 RPMs, you would actually need to drop down a pitch. Before I'd buy another prop, I would raise your motor up since Suzuki's like to sit a little higher compared to a 2 stroke.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanhuntsny View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. I actually got Brandon card to message me back and he told me a 27 pitch. I ended up getting a 27 Suzuki 4 blade and after getting it out and putting in my break in hours I think I either have to go up in pitch size and/or raise my motor on the back plate a little. I’m only getting to 5500rpm at wot and my hole shot isn’t great. Any other suggestions?
    Do not forget to factor in prop diameter it is very important. You may also want to check throttle opening for 100%. I have a smaller motor but swing a big wheel so I have to run my motor deeper so it won't cavitate, my prop is 16" diameter.

15. Member
    How did the scorpion prop perform? I’ve recently given thought to getting one as well

16. Member
    I've been quotes 14700 everything but prop

17. Member
    I was quoted 14700 for everything but prop sorry double post lol

18. Randy Walker
    Yes, Sammy Dunaway has a TR-21X and runs a Mark Croxton custom prop... think it's a 26P 4 blade, but he'll confirm that... think he's seeing good numbers with his set up.