Mozingo Recently?

Has anyone been over to Mozingo? I know a couple weeks back it was really high and dirty. Was thinking about going down Sunday since we have a Club T there next weekend and I havent been in a couple years. Mainly just looking for water level and color more then anything.

Thanks!
    Travis

2. Kris Lockard
    How'd your tournament go, I was wondering the same things you were, funny how no one posted anything to help out?

3. Member
    It was pretty good beside being so hot. It looks like there was an algae bloom on the lake and there was thousands of dead carp floating everywhere. I didnt see any other fish affected but it was crazy to see the number of carp floating. I ended up in 4th with 11.21lbs.

1st 16.98
    2nd 16.53
    3rd 16.21

I caught a bunch of fish on a frog in the grass which was really fun. I culled out 1 small one with a 3lb on a big worm but every other fish I caught was on a frog. I missed a giant on a big worm on the same pile I caught the 3. Apparently I tied a bad knot the night before and while I was fighting it came undone then it jumped and it was a 5-6 pound fish.

Overall it was a good day the boat traffic was pretty bad since it was hot out and sunny but the lake was fishing pretty good.

I will have video up soon of my practice and tournament days if anyone is interested in seeing some frog fish being caught!

The carp kill was caused by a Koi Virus....
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

5. Member
    Yea I saw them post that on Facebook. glad that no other fish were effected.

I went up there a few weeks ago and funny, that in one cut there were a few carp spawning in the pond pads.... So not all of them are dead...
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team