Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thoughts on the Eyra?

Looking at ordering my first brand new boat in my life and I will be picking one out of the BCB line up. I am leaning towards the Eyra as of now. Is there any reason I should go to the Couger or Puma? Would love the Jag or Lynx but for that is not a option .
    2018 Nitro Z21

I'm better than you
    http://www.facebook.com/vincent.hytry

I would get in and look at all three if you can and see what works best for you, different storage set ups and the eyra cockpit is a little tighter and lower, speeds won't be much different.

First of all, why are you eyeballing the Eyra?

4. Member
    I owned a Puma and just ordered a Erya. I did not care for the front deck layout on the Puma or Cougar. just personal preference I think.

Still waiting for the Hybrid to be released. That would be my first pick. Second would be a hard thought on the puma and eyra.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Have you ever considered a Caracal? I looked at all the boats on a factory tour and the Caracal has the best storage in my opinion and tons of space, not to mention an awesome ride. My next vote would have been the Eyra for sheer speed and fish ability.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    This is one of the best non-bias comparisons to the Puma/Cougar vs Eyra.
    Definitely worth the read.
    https://basscat.com/forum/groups/bas...ra-comparison/
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Thoughts on the Eyra... Kevin Short, Rick Pierce and others inside BCB really like the Eyra.

Rick was speaking of rebuilding that model one day and Kevin piped up “don’t mess up my boat”, because he likes it that much. It was boat of the year in Trailer Boats Magazine when it was introduced and all of the Eyra models have been special for most.

All I'll say is I love my Eyra. I've had it 2 1/2 years and have zero complaints. I really like the layout, how it rides, handles, pretty much everything about it. If money were no object I'd like to test the Lynx out but then I might really want one.

I'm eyeing the Eyra because of its multi purpose hull and front deck layout. I fish everything from very small and shallow feeder creeks with hair pin turns to the great lakes. I love fishing open water structure but also shoot to docks pretty often. This seems like super responsive hull with a 250 that will be great for both cornering in small creeks and rivers or marshes and able to dip and dodge through swells of the great lakes. I'd love to have a lynx or Jag but I don't think those would be conducive to my all around style of fishing especially since I only spend about 30 days of the year on the great lakes or other super sized bodies of water. As a 6'4" 250lb guy I like that coffin style storage in the front since I can access both doors from either side of the boat. My only worry about the Eyra is the cockpit and if I will fit properly? I'm not going to make a decision until I can get in one but I'm just doing my homework now.

Thanks for the replies so far!!!

Without a hot foot it will fit fine, though pretty tight once you put a hot foot in.

12. Member
    The Eyra carves thru the corners like it's on rails !!! It also is phenomenal in rough water, cross waves & boat wakes ! Just ordered my 2nd Eyra....love it !!!!
    2020 BassCat Eyra w/Merc v8 Pro XS (2b685615)
    2008 Triton TR196 w/Merc200 (1B505505)
    2024 Havoc Alum Duck boat w/ Mod Mercury 3-cyl 2-stroke
    0T899507 w/1B728726 powerhead (sleeved/ported/welded chambers, mod carbs/tuner &light flywheel)
    Previously owned:
    2018 Eyra w/Merc250 (2b525704)
    2015 PII w/Merc200 (2b115304)
    Brooks tunnel w/Merc 200 carb & CLE l/u motor (A913415)

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Without a hot foot it will fit fine, though pretty tight once you put a hot foot in.
    If it is a tight fit for a large guy like me with long legs is there a possibility of recessing the hotfoot into the storage compartment a few inches upon request?

Quote Originally Posted by FastCat04 View Post
    The Eyra carves thru the corners like it's on rails !!! It also is phenomenal in rough water, cross waves & boat wakes ! Just ordered my 2nd Eyra....love it !!!!
    Love to hear this!!!!! Thank you

15. Member
    Me too, I just ordered my first Eyra.

In the next couple years I will be ordering an Erya. A buddy of mine has one and loves it. Plus its super fast

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybones View Post
    In the next couple years I will be ordering an Erya. A buddy of mine has one and loves it. Plus its super fast
    Solid, I was sold on storage and handling. And of course BCB.

18. Member
    I am coming up on two years of Eyra Ownership/Pride.....This boat is the cats meow....pun intended. For one...I know that there are plenty out there faster but I have not encountered one yet (my day is coming), I constantly hit 80+ with or without a partner, full tournament load and when the wells are full it is very close to 80 if not over. Cool weather will produce very close to mid 80's (84.4). Fishability is just what I wanted. I came out of a Sabre which was a little rocket on rails and that was what I wanted in a 20 ft boat. I got it with the Eyra and SHO combo. The Eyra has the maneuverability to stay tight in the cypress jungle and around docks or navigate Toledo Bend when she is having a bad day. The Eyra is absolutely the best boat for me and the way I fish....but I may be a little biased and if you can't tell I love my boat!

Side Note: BCB has backed the boat 110% on any small issue that has came up.......Great Customer Support!

Tight Lines
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

19. Member
    Elwoods Eyra is known for hauling the mail. Not just top end, but getting there quick.

I had a 2014 Eyra and loved it. Downsized to a 2016 PII. If I ever go back to a 20 footer, it will be an Eyra.
    The boat will carve bayous with more G's than you can put into the steering. It takes time, but the Eyra will feel like your part of it, and will do everything you ask.
    Also, I am not a wide deck person. I normally fish alone and see no reason for the wide decks offered today. The Eyra is a pitcher and skippers dream machine. As others stated, TM response is excellent.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Well after looking into them at the dealer and talking I am now 50/50 on the Eyra and the Lynx.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast