Yamaha SHO prop question

I have a 2015 Phoenix 919 with a Yamaha SHO 225. I have been running the stock prop (25 pitch T1, 15 1/8) but have a couple small dings in it and was thinking of getting a new prop so I could send this one in to get fixed and keep as a back up. I currently don’t get as high top speed or rpm’s as other similar boats (around 67mph, 5600). I was hoping to get a prop that might give me a little more top end. I was looking at the SHO T2 props. Can anyone help me with some advice? Thanks in advance

2. Member
    Sounds like you may have your prop to deep . That’s a big Dia . Prop . That should be the right prop and pitch for your set up . Check your center of prop shaft in relation to the bottom of your haul .

3. Member
    Got it thanks. I will raise it up a bit and try it. Does anyone have experience with the T2 versus the T1? I want to get the better one and keep this one as a back up

4. Member
    The difference between the T1 and T2 is all in the hub. The T1 is notorious for spinning a hub and cracking so Yamaha came out with a stronger hub design in the T2. The blades are the same and they will run just about the same.
    Set it at 2.5" prop to pad and you should be able to run lower to mid 70's all day long unless you're just running a super heavy load

5. Member
    So I see your from California are you running high altitudes. If so you need to go smaller pitch

6. Member
    Awesome thanks for the info guys. I am going to go with the T2 and will definitely raise my motor to 2.5”. I am not fishing very high elevations so I think that should do the trick. Thanks again for the input

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    You should be running mid to upper 70s at 6000 rpm definitely need to raise it up and trim it up
    And hang on
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com