EchoMAP CHIRP 73dv to GT22HW TM Transducer adapter cable

My latest GARMIN counter intuitive adventure...

Moving older 73dv unit to the bow. Unable to extract old transducer cable intact, so I need a new one.

Go to GARMIN.com, search transducers by product compatibility for 73dv, find the GT22, order it from Hodges.

Go to install it, ducer is 8 pin, plotter is 4 pin, and I'm an idiot.

Ok, go to GARMIN.com, search GT22 for accessories, find 8 pin to 4 pin adapter 010-12719-00 for $17.99. Ok. Use link on cable page to look for compatible devices, and guess what? 73dv isn't there.

Ok, go to email Garmin customer service, have to dig into box and unwrap transducer to get serial number to the point where it probably won't fit back in the box if I have to return in.

Pressed send on email.

To be continued.

2. Member
    All sounds good but support will have to answer your question. You say 73dv so it could be an original or CHIRP unit. And all the legal stuff was going on with dv changing to cv. Transducers changed how they worked so the cable business could have changed too. Let us know what support says.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Thanks for the info, it was very useful. I read some on the lawsuit and now I'm concerned.

I tend to think that companies should know exactly what I want when I visit their websites and press things...I blame Jeff Bezos lol.

I did include my 73dv unit id# in my email to Garmin, so they have all the info.

I'll post when I learn something from Garmin.

4. Member
    Garmin emailed me back (2 business days) and then clarified something in another email one hour later ...good on them, I'm satisfied with their support. Turns out I have an "original" 73dv and not a CHIRP unit, so the transducer I bought is not compatible. Unfortunately, I've already installed it on my trolling motor.

Nothing to see here but some old fart who cant pour urine out of his footwear.
    In other news, I have a spare GT22HW-TM transducer if anyoneis interested, so there’s that.