Running wires in 2019 Ranger 212LS

I posted this in the Ranger forum but haven't gotten any feedback so I figured I'd try here instead.

Picked the boat up from the dealer last week, made some custom panels and brackets for the electronics and now I need to start running the power wires and ethernet cables.

Took a look around the other day and I can see two tubes at the bow and I can feel at least one tube at the stern, at the console I see a bundle a wires going into a large opening but that's about it. I found all the screw locations for the starboard side panel, am I correct in assuming if I remove that panel I will have easier access to the tubes for running the power wires from the battery to the console and the power/ethernet from the console to the bow?

Also, if need be, how do I remove the shift lever? in case I need to remove it to gain more access behind the side panel?

Thanks!

I don't have the same boat as you, nor the same model year. However, the starboard gunnel tube for power in my 2050 reata runs from the stern cranking battery to the console. So removing the panel does not give you better access to the tube, as it is sealed the length of the side panel.

That being said I would still remove the side panel, because under the console in the "large hole" where the wires come out. There can be a 5-10" gap before the wires enter or leave the tube. So with the side panel out you can reach your arm and hand up inside to help guide the wires in and out.

You don't need to remove the shift lever, the panel will slide off it, I just let mine dangle on it when working on wire routing.
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali 3.0L
    Leveling Kit
    ARE Z Series Topper
    2050 Ranger Reata

3. Member
    Thank you pezman38

I was thinking this would be the case, that the tubes were sealed and hoped there would be access to guide the wires as you've described.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by gary_fritz View Post
    Thank you pezman38

I was thinking this would be the case, that the tubes were sealed and hoped there would be access to guide the wires as you've described.

Thanks again!
    Post some pics of the new boat when you get a chance!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    Post some pics of the new boat when you get a chance!
    Just posted some in the sticky

Also, just a quick update. Taking the side panel off didn't help me at all. I eventually found the tube ends near where the bundle of wires comes out under the console. After that, running all the wires only took about 45 minutes. Thank you to everyone for your help!