Esprit and Fish and Skis- hooked hulls and heavy?

I was wondering if any of the owners of these models out there had noticed if their bulls had a hook in the from the factory? I was looking at mine the other week when I had it on the trailer and noticed a hook that looks like it’s built there from the factory.

I can’t seem to get mine up on the pad with just trim, and this might explain some of the troubles in that. I have a 6” Rapid Jack to go in it hopefully next week and will be looking at changing props soon afterwards- just have what I believe is the original 21p aluminum on the Rude 130.

i feel like it has the potential to do more than the 44 mph I am hitting. But this old girl may have some wet foam be cause she feels heavy when I’m towing her. My mechanic said it felt like a 21 footer behind his truck.

Don't own an Esprit, but my Ragin' Cajun doesn't have a perfectly flat bottom either. Not sure if that was by design, hull warpage coming out of the mold, light fiberglass lay-up schedule, or ?

Waterlogged foam, transom, stringers, etc. are certainly possibilities for additional weight causing lack of performance... besides too much gear, or poor weight distribution. You may need to probe some engine mount holes for wet transom wood, and maybe drill some holes in the bilge boxes and stringers to see if they are wet.

SS prop will certainly perform better than aluminum - I know my SS prop could use a rework, since it (along with the old Johnson getting long in the tooth) doesn't have the same lifting qualities it did when new.

3. Member
    I've owned 2 Cajun Esprit an early model from the 80's with a 150 Yamaha on it and a 1993 18' with a 150 Johnson on it. Both had SS props and ran out great with a top speed of 55. Loved both boats but the 93 was better than the older one except it liked to drink the gas. Moved up this year to a 2007 Champion.