Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Go Jaks or Trailer Valet?

I have a tandem axle Ranger Z519 and a short garage so I am looking to simplify the angle storage. I know how both work and the Valet is about $150 more, is it worth it? Been to the threads on this and it seems to be a tie.

Lets get some up dated perspective.

I also have a Z519 on a dual axle trailer and a tight garage fit. Found the Harbor Freight version of go jacks on sale.One set and you can nearly spin the boat around in garage. I think I have 140.00 in them. I believe my wife could now move my boat sideways. If money is no object there are probably other options such as powered movers. FSHRMN1010

Love the Ranger but not in love with their rather anemic center jack. The tongue weight is enough to justify beffing this thing up but I have yet to find anything designed to fit Rangers proprietary design. This is sort of the other issue that the TV aleiviates.

4. Member
    I love my gojacks, bit expensive, but no hydraulics and I use 2 sets (total of 4). I move my boat in my garage by myself. Once I get it move there are no issues...sometimes you have to nudge it a couple of times on the side of the boat to get the wheels turned in the direction you need to go, but it is pretty darn easy.
    2020 BassChamps Central Lake Belton 1st - Feb 2
    2019 Media Bass Individual Champion - Richland Chambers Sep 7-8
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

Thanks FSHRMN1010 & ChampionDon...$ and cents steered me to 4 Harbor Freight wheel dollies that actually function the same as the go jaks for half the cost. You do need 4 to make this option work with a tandem. Two help tremendously with pivoting but 4 is frosted cake! Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Finlander; 06-22-2019 at 02:21 PM.

No way that Trailer Valet any help with a tandem axle, the go dolly is the ticket, I have a set and can do by myself. 21ft Triton

I’ve used a Trailer Valet for about 2 1/2 years to angle my dual axle trailer into my 3 bay garage. It works OK. Not great but it gets the job done and more importantly, gets it done safely. Here’s a tip if you go with the Valet; put some black plastic down on your garage floor. Without it, making a sharp turn with a dual axle can be very difficult. Also, if you use a drill to drive it - and if you use it a lot - the housing where the drive axle is, will eventually wear badly. Mine did. Fortunately, the manufacturer was quick to send me replacement parts.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

8. Member
    I sold my big boat and bought a smaller boat because it was a 30 min ordeal to shoehorn it in or out the garage with 4 jacks. I had two HF’s and two big 6300 GJ’s. (I think that was the number on them? The GJ’s were MUCH easier to use with their large wheels. Either way, getting 4500 pounds moving sideways wasn’t an easy task for me. Once it got rolling it would move. I found myself not fishing because of the hassle so I got a smaller Ranger RT. It’s still as long on the trailer, but WAY WAY easier to handle!

9. Member
    I have a RT178 and with the width of the trailer there is about less than 1/2 inch of clearance on each side. For those that use the Harbor Freight jacks would it be possible to use them on the inside of the wheel.

I use the harbor freight jacks and I don't think you would have enough clearance for the dolly wheels on the outside or be able to ratchet the jack from inside and under the boat.

2012 Ranger z521
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

Update...I bought 2 sets of Harbor Feight jacks. They look just like the go jaks but are grey and have a poly rolly vs aluminum but I saved a ton.

I simply back the boat straight into the garage stopping short of hitting anything, place the jacks under each tire (total 4) and the boat spins with ease. I have to be carful not to push too hard or it could get away from me, thats how easy it is. I did it with just 2 jacks and it works fine but takes just a touch more effort. 4 takes all the effort out of it. Once positioned the way I want it, I release the jacks and chock the trailer wheels.

I went this route.
    4400 lbs
    Tandem
    center dolly wheel

i park the trailer, crank the dolly wheel down until it touches the floor. Leave it for the next time to pull trailer out.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    I went this route.
    4400 lbs
    Tandem
    center dolly wheel

i park the trailer, crank the dolly wheel down until it touches the floor. Leave it for the next time to pull trailer out.

Nothing money can't solve.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    Nothing money can't solve.

Guys spend more money on graphs then the cost of a Park-it360

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Guys spend more money on graphs then the cost of a Park-it360
    This doesn't work with the swing tongue un-pinned and I do not have the room to pivot without it being un-pinned. If I had more garage, I would also have more boat...LOL
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

16. Member
    I use a trailer valet. Not to turn( I have bass cat pop axle for that), but I have a lip I have to jump. I'm too old to try and push it over that lip. That's where the valet comes in.

17. Member
    I have the Trailer Valet 5x as well and I use it to move my boat into the third stall. It is too tight to try and do it with my truck. The valet doesn't need the swing tongue closed to use it. It mounts to your frame rails of the trailer so the swing tongue can be open. I have pulled my boat all the way out of the garage, swung it around to clean it out so it would drain down the driveway and put it back with the valet. Of course I have a single axle trailer but I didn't have to worry about the trailer getting away from me since it has a brake on it.
    2015 Ranger 1880 VS Angler
    2015 MERCURY 150HP
    (Model #:1150F23HD Serial #:2B135781)

18. Member
    Love my Trailer Valet. One of the best updates I have done to my boat/trailer. I need to fit my boat in to a very specific area and I have marks on the floor where the rear tires (dual axle) and the tongue jack (the Trailer Valet) need to be. Used to a total pain backing it in with the truck and getting it is the right sport (it’s at an angle).

Now i just bCk it in about 12-14 feet and use the Trailer Valet to swing it around and back it in. Takes about 1 minute.

Highly recommend the drill attachment. Works great.

19. Member
    I need to get the drill attachment that will be my next purchase.
    2015 Ranger 1880 VS Angler
    2015 MERCURY 150HP
    (Model #:1150F23HD Serial #:2B135781)

I have about a 1/2” to 3/4” lip to get from the drive up on the the garage pad. I can pushing my jack wheel up on it with a bit of a running start but this would be a lot easier. Has anyone had any experience getting the trailer valet up a small bump like this?
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast