when did talons become bluetoot

were the talons always bluetooth capable? I have two that I can't seem to connect to my bluetooth app.

when did they become bluetooth and how can I tell if mine are?

I think this is the 2nd year with the Gen 3 talons. If yours has a work light on top it's a gen 3. If no light and you have a 10 or a 12 they gen 2 with no BT.

3. Member
    Bluetooth talons suck, i have 2 and they don't work half the time when hitting the buttons. Apparently its a known common problem with no fix for it

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabela10 View Post
    Bluetooth talons suck, i have 2 and they don't work half the time when hitting the buttons. Apparently its a known common problem with no fix for it
    Totally agree. Gen 2 work every time.

5. Member
    So far my BT have worked every time. Of course I've only had them on for a couple weeks. We will see 6 months from now.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabela10 View Post

mine work great, I have a remote at the console, a remote up front, a step pad up front and my helix operate them no issues..

7. Member
    No issues. Dual G3 Talons. Mine deploy from the included talon remotes (4), Ultrex remote, iPhone app or Helix(2)every time. My only minor complaints are that I wish the work lights were brighter and having to clean them if I’ve been sticking them in mud.