Stinnettjn1

AVX 1880 Rigging Tube

Does anyone happen to know if the 1880 has a rigging tube running to the front of the boat? I'm wanting to wire my Solix units straight to the battery instead of powering them from the power block in the front of the boat and at the console.

2. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Why would you not want to use the Power Distribution Block in the bow ?

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Running power for your graph through the tube with your TM power is a good way to induce noise.

4. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    You guys realize that the trolling motor is 6 gauge wire ran from the battery compartment to the bow in a rigging tube on the port side of the boat. The power distribution box at the bow is run from a 10 gauge wire in a rigging tube on the starboard side of the boat.

5. Stinnettjn1
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    Why would you not want to use the Power Distribution Block in the bow ?
    It is powered by it now. Problem is that I sometimes have a voltage drop to my console and bow unit when I start the big motor causing them them to shut off. It typically only happens when I've fished without running the big motor for a few hours. I thought straight wiring the units to the battery might help with the voltage drop.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinnettjn1 View Post
    It is powered by it now. Problem is that I sometimes have a voltage drop to my console and bow unit when I start the big motor causing them them to shut off. It typically only happens when I've fished without running the big motor for a few hours. I thought straight wiring the units to the battery might help with the voltage drop.
    Are you using the original battery? It's just a group 27 wet cell right? If so, with your hardware, might be a good idea to upgrade to a group 31.

7. Stinnettjn1
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    Are you using the original battery? It's just a group 27 wet cell right? If so, with your hardware, might be a good idea to upgrade to a group 31.
    It is the original group 27 wet cell battery. When I had all of my electronics installed I never realized the power consumption they had combined. Looks like a group 31 battery is in my near future. Thanks for the feedback to all

8. Member
    Prob a battery issue not a wire issue from battery to bow. Sounds like your battery is weak when starting your engine. Seen it several times before inh other boats. Weak battery or bad battery caused it every time.
    2018 Ranger 520L with Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Fitzgerald Rods
    Lews Products
    River Runner Baits