Trophy on Triton 196 w/ 200 Proxs

Help needed! Just switched to a 26 Trophy from Jaco's, new in box. Question, anyone with experience running the Trophy tell me if I'm gonna need an exhaust ring and as far as pvs plugs go, what's the norm for those. 2006 Triton 196 with a 2014 Merc 200 Opti/Proxs 6 inch plate w/ 2 degree wedges, but putting a 10 on within the next couple of weeks.
    Last edited by Bass n Sniper; 06-20-2019 at 06:12 PM.

I start with no ring and all solid plugs. If it needs a lil' more venting, I'll pull one plug at a time.

3. Member
    If you want top speed run a tempest not a trophy on a 196. I run a trophy on my my TR21 most of the time and run it with all holes plugged solid and no ring. If it blows out that way then you put a ring on it and adjust the PVS plugs to the right venting.

4. Member
    I appreciate the input. I run both a 27 and a 26 Tempest. I'm gonna send them to Mark to be worked. In the meantime, our lakes around here are highland reservoirs and most are twin river fed systems with twists and turns. So from reading and researching several threads on here, I decided to go with the Trophy for all around tournament load fishing, handling, load carrying abilities. I'll update you guys with numbers when I get her in the water. I also run 2 degree wedge plates as well. Really helps a Triton. I've had them on the last two and have installed them on several of my buddies Tritons.

5. Member
    For all around tournament running I'd go with a Bravo xs not a trophy. You just have to be careful with the trophy because you can't run it as high as a tempest and it will throw a blade in a very few minutes especially if your running the wedges on your boat.