Thread: Vault hub ??

Vault hub ??

I just noticed all 4 of the vault hubs center black cab are punched in not sticking out
    past the housing, none of them leak and the trailer is a year old, do I need
    to add grease or do they pressure alittle after they heat up going down the road. I never paid that close
    of attention to them to know if they have been like that since new. Hope there fine for this weekend I have a 500 mile round trip for a tournament this weekend so I don’t have time to get the proper grease and grease them till I get back.

Sounds like you're in good shape as long as there are no signs of leakage. You can take the caps off and add the Vault grease to the bearings and add some to the cap and it will pressurize the hub when you put them back on. Then your caps will stick out a bit because of the excess grease. They should stick out about 1/8". Good luck

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

3. Member
    They will pressure up a little going down the road. If they arent leaking you should be good

4. Member
    Ok thanks for the info.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TX721 View Post
    Sounds like you're in good shape as long as there are no signs of leakage. You can take the caps off and add the Vault grease to the bearings and add some to the cap and it will pressurize the hub when you put them back on. Then your caps will stick out a bit because of the excess grease. They should stick out about 1/8". Good luck
    If you do this make sure you use new vault caps as i have been told the caps are one time use only

6. 1sharphook
    Quote Originally Posted by Trx5Trx510r View Post
    If you do this make sure you use new vault caps as i have been told the caps are one time use only
    Care to cite the source of manufacturer stating "one time use only"?

http://www.waymires.com/support_docu...structions.pdf

For those looking for grease, waymires is a distributor.

Note the Loctite in these kits for sealing and hub retention insurance.

https://www.dexteraxle.com/products/...s/vault-vortex
    Last edited by 1sharphook; 06-23-2019 at 09:26 PM.

7. 1sharphook
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    They will pressure up a little going down the road. If they arent leaking you should be good
    And if they are not pressurized, how will you know no water ingression has occurred?

Care to post pics of yours before and after they "pressure up a little going down the road"?

8. Member
    I dont have pics. Probably wont as the boats up for sale. But I've seen them poke out a little after driving for a little bit, mainly the brake axle because it gets just a little hotter. I'm just going to take a guess that the only way they wont be pressurized is if the grease leaks out and you will see it all over your rim.

9. Member
    Push the center cap with your fingers. If you can depress it you still have grease in it. Sounds like they weren't fully filled when installed. Not a hard thing to do, just need to pay attention.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

10. Member
    Thanks for the links.

Quote Originally Posted by Trx5Trx510r View Post
    Don’t waste your money. I’ve taken mine off several times and reused them without issue. Now if you dropped it or it’s damaged otherwise, replace it for sure. Good luck.