Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Will do.
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

Quote Originally Posted by scum_frog View Post
    I went home last night and took a better look at the side to side movement and I would say its more in the 1-2" not 3-4" which makes me feel somewhat better. Is there something online where you found that spec out? Something I can take a look at and see? I dont feel its right either and it bothers me. When traveling down the road I can see it rock side to side some in my rear view mirror. Definitely makes me think theres still an issue. I tried uploading the video on here of it going side to side and it wont let me upload it on here.
    The procedure for the steering system check is found on page 53 of the Service Manual and on page 68 of the Installation and Predelivery Guide.

You can always post your video to youtube and then insert the link here.

1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

3. Member
    Dang I was just coming here to post the exact same question. I have a 250 G2 bought in 2017 also. I just noticed this play in the motor and I have no idea if it's always been like this or not.
    I haven't measured it like the above page from the manual recommends but I need to do that. I might idle over to a few boathouses this weekend where I know some G2's are hanging off the back of boats and wiggle them to see if they are the same.
    I did make a couple videos of the movement here. I would be curious if others went out and wiggled on their G2's if they are the same.

That looks ugly. Does it tighten up if you run the motor? Just curious.

I don’t see how that could possibly be normal.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

5. Member
    I have a 2015 G2 250 that is the same way. It does not have power steering and it has 2 to 3 inches of movement. Been back to dealer 3 times and power purged each time. Evinrude rep is supposed to look at it next time he’s in town. Don’t seem to notice it in steering or while driving.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    That looks ugly. Does it tighten up if you run the motor? Just curious.

I don’t see how that could possibly be normal.
    I went out to look again, and when I trim the motor down into the "driving" range of the trim, it is not so loose. I tried to measure if it was more than 15mm as posted above, and I think it was around 15mm. Really difficult to measure though.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toofy View Post
    I went out to look again, and when I trim the motor down into the "driving" range of the trim, it is not so loose. I tried to measure if it was more than 15mm as posted above, and I think it was around 15mm. Really difficult to measure though.
    You could just move it all the way to lock one direction with your fingers like they say, set something like a dirt tamper or sledge hammer on its head to mark the location (with the vertical handle) of the cavitation plate then push to other lock. Measure the distance traveled or have an accomplice do it. Easy peasy. After actually READING the manual, you COULD put a piece of masking tape on your plate, mark it with a pen, push it both ways like they say and add the 2 measurements together. For simplicity, I like my way to get you in the ballpark.
    Last edited by dentpusher; 07-03-2019 at 07:19 PM. Reason: I read the instructions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12