Merc YouTube Video about Cowl Care...

Watched a YouTube video on Merc Tech tips about Cowl Care. In the video they show a guy using what is described as cutting compound. Anyone know if it’s a Merc product or what brand?
    I found the link on the Bassmaster web page but it’s easy to find on YouTube.

2. Member
    I haven't watched the video but Mercury does sell a cowl polish that removes fine scratches very well. I haven't used it on my new V8 but it worked very well on my previous Opti.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

3. Banned
    Boat would have to be awful nasty for cutting compound. I use 50/50 vinegar and water twice a year.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    "Cowl Finishing Compound" (not cutting compound). Available through Mercury Dealers (see Rhonda's post, pinned at the top of the Forum for ordering info).

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the Top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Cutting compound to Vessel View now that was a hard turn.

Someday I may share how I maintain my cowls using 3M products and no "cutting" compound. As with anything, if you don't maintain it, more work is required. 50/50 mix water/white vinegar works well as a harmless method of removing water spots.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax