Thread: Boat Cover

Boat Cover

Took delivery of my AVX1980 a month ago and ordered it with a cover. The dealer said that the covers are on backorder with vexus and that they will be sending one to my house. Anyone else waiting on their cover or can someone from vexus chime in on when I may be receiving it?

2. Member
    my vexus dealer here said the are slow getting covers here too. they are selling boats faster than they can make the covers.

Anyone get an update on the boat covers and when they will be available again?

I received mine last week, Awesome Cover!

5. Member
    Would like to see a pic of it covered to see how if fits with the pole seats up or down ?

6. Member
    Others may disagree, but I don’t feel that the cover was designed to cover the seats that are on the poles. The middle pole of the three used with the Vexus boat cover is longer to make the high point in the middle of the boat cover. This allows rain to run toward the bow and toward the stern. It works well and is a very well designed boat cover. I stow my front power pole with butt seat in the middle rod box with the fixed pole from the back. I stow the back seat inside.

When you have a large surface like a boat seat touching the inside of a boat cover it tends to allow the water to wick through the cover. Not sure if it would wick through this cover, but I prefer using the support poles that have reinforced areas designed to prevent wear and wicking from where they attached to the cover.

Updated with photo of boat cover (no seats):

A5B35AFC-6105-4F61-BC09-BFE24A838A02.jpeg
    Last edited by Jimbug; 07-02-2019 at 05:09 PM.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

Good to know they are at least being sent out. I would like to see a picture as well if you get the time to put one up.

8. Member
    Looks like a very nice quality cover thanks for the pic

9. Member
    Jimbug--can you tell me how it is cinched down? Rachet straps on the rear or sides

There are ratchet straps across the rear that holds it tight around the boat and then the sides and back have straps you can attach to the trailer.

11. Member
    It’s a great boat cover. Should last for years. Pretty fast to put on and off too. I put the bow on first, then the poles, then pull tight at left/port back corner & attach strap to hold poles up. Finally put the right/starboard back corner on, strap down then pull ratchet strap tight. I pull the cover over the ladder and put a discarded Amazon box in front to get the slack out of the cover there.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO