Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Recessed fish ruler Z18

Has anyone mounted a recessed fish ruler on a Z18, if so where and could you post a pic.

Thanks

Mike

2. Member
    really wanting to do this also......

Well, I’m not done yet but I ordered a Nitro fish rule (since they don’t come with one) and a recessed rule mount. My intention was to swap one of the cup holders on the cooler step. Problem was that there was not enough clearance (depth) at the hole for the rule to fully seat in the recessed rule mount. I’m going to purchase a couple black plastic cutting boards, cut them using the current piece from the boat with the cup and tool holder as a template, stack them and then I should be good to go for the depth clearance.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

4. Member
    I noticed the same issue - and that'll only cover the shorter bump boards. Post pics when you're done :)

Quote Originally Posted by Nailbender8 View Post
    Well, I’m not done yet but I ordered a Nitro fish rule (since they don’t come with one) and a recessed rule mount. My intention was to swap one of the cup holders on the cooler step. Problem was that there was not enough clearance (depth) at the hole for the rule to fully seat in the recessed rule mount. I’m going to purchase a couple black plastic cutting boards, cut them using the current piece from the boat with the cup and tool holder as a template, stack them and then I should be good to go for the depth clearance.
    Michael J. Koenig

Quote Originally Posted by goaltender8 View Post
    I noticed the same issue - and that'll only cover the shorter bump boards. Post pics when you're done :)
    For sure I will.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

6. Banned
    looking for one where did you order from?

615-797-4760, C&O Marine, ask for Carol.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

8. Banned
    615-797-4760, C&O Marine, ask for Carol.
    order it from there. and got my flush latches for my two livewell hatches too from em.. tyvm and its Nitro even better.

9. Member
    On my previous boat, a Stratos, I just kept it behind the driver seat. Out of the way, but handy. You could even put some velcro on it with the soft side on the ruler.
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI

10. Banned
    Yea I hate the pull tabs on the z18 livewells. so i am installing lift latches.

11. Banned
    Got mine from C&O Marine.
    20210118_164852.jpg20210118_164904.jpg

12. Banned
    For sure I will.
    did you finish it?

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Angler View Post
    did you finish it?
    IMG_2174.jpgIMG_2175.jpg
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

14. Banned
    this looks great how do you keep it level sliding in? never mind that you have it upside down so it put pressure on itself to sit flush.. I have have the storage drawer there so that wont be an option for me. but that looks great!!!

15. Member
    That looks great! How did you cut the slot? I would like to do the same thing but I'm nervous about cutting into fiberglass.

Got mine from C&O Marine.
    20210118_164852.jpg20210118_164904.jpg

I need one of those plastic lift latches for my Ranger livewell not sure if it has the same hole patterns or not maybe universal but thanks for posting will check it out.

17. Banned
    ranger, they are nice and very cost effective. drill hole in bottom of it for air flow..

18. Banned
    this looks great how do you keep it level sliding in? never mind that you have it upside down so it put pressure on itself to sit flush.. I have have the storage drawer there so that wont be an option for me. but that looks great!!!
    hole saw measure 5 times drill once no worries.

ranger, they are nice and very cost effective. drill hole in bottom of it for air flow..
    Never thought of that THANKS I have a cracked one it only has a part of the lip left

Quote Originally Posted by dhedrick42 View Post
    That looks great! How did you cut the slot? I would like to do the same thing but I'm nervous about cutting into fiberglass.
    After I very carefully checked and rechecked and measured, I drilled the hole with a standard 3” hole saw. After that, you just drill the two small holes for the mounting screws and your done.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast