97 Evinrude Intruder won't start

Hey guys, looking for some help with my 175HP E175GLEUE. All electronics work, the key beeps when you turn it, just no power to the engine. My mechanic suspects it's a neutral safety switch. I am taking it by tomorrow for him to take a look but he seemed really concerned being able to access the suspected part. There is no control box, just the throttle handle.

I called C&O about a neutral safety switch and they couldn't find anything for my motor. Just looking for some general info on what this could be before taking it in for diagnosis. I've had to wait 2 weeks just to get it in since he's so backed up but I've been really happy with the work he's done.

Any assistance or insight is much appreciated. Thank you!

***Update***
    A quick google search found 0173500 - Shift Lever - Switch Assembly if that is in fact what is causing my issue. C&O is checking on the part for me.
    Last edited by Stratos282; 06-19-2019 at 03:28 PM.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Have you tried jiggling the shift handle? Or putting forward or reverse pressure on the handle and try starting it? The controls are behind the gunnel. You can order the part from any of the online parts houses. Cost about $45.00

Yea Champ, nothing happens. I'm here now and he's making it sound like it's impossible to get to without having to cut into the fiberglass to access it.

We got it taken care of. Thanks all!

5. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Was it the neutral safety switch??

Yes sir, it was.