Lower unit Identification

1. SN: 0T999348
    2. 2005/MERCURY/250XS L
    3. Tempest 27P
    4. Unsure max RPM
    5. Unsure on pressure
    6. Smartcraft but not working

Can someone tell me what lower unit this came with and the gear ratio? I’m trying to get a water pump kit but there are a few different part numbers depending on lower/ GR. All I know is that it is grey and doesn’t have a part number on it.
    I just bought this boat used and it runs great. Any common problems with these that I should watch out for or a way to prevent them? I checked compression on all cylinders before I purchased and all were 110-115psi. LU oil is black with no sign of water and I Just bought everything to change it other than new o rings for the plugs.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Slabslobberer; 06-19-2019 at 03:48 PM.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Gen-1 Torquemaster, 1.75 Ratio.

If you contact Rhonda (see her post, pinned at the top of the forum) she can set you up.

Also see the "Recommended ANNUAL Maintenance for Optimax Engines" in the FAQ Section.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thank you for the help!
    How far out are you on cleaning fuel rails and flow testing injectors? My compressor is chirping. Can the compressor be rebuilt with a new piston and connecting rod?
    2006 Ranger 521VX w/ Gorilla Hull
    2005 Mercury 250XS L 0T999348

4. Member
    The compressor must be replaced. There are no parts available for rebuilding.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slabslobberer View Post
    Thank you for the help!
    How far out are you on cleaning fuel rails and flow testing injectors? My compressor is chirping. Can the compressor be rebuilt with a new piston and connecting rod?
    You have a PM.

Compressor is a Replacement item (no parts for rebuilding).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor