Thread: Mark's Prop

Mark's Prop

I have been trying to get a hold of Mark Croxton to talk about my options. I have tried calling the number listed on the website and it just rang. I also filled out the contact us form. I know that it is the busy time of year but what how long should it be before he contacts me? I'd rather have him work my current props than to buy a new one. TIA

2. Member
    I emailed his yesterday and he got back with me today.... Email is on the website at the bottom right.

2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

3. Member
    Oh yea, Fastest turn around on a prop anywhere. Great work, Friendly, reasonable.

2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

4. Member
    Great guy and his props are killer when he is finished with them
    Denali 1500 baby duramax
    2023 ranger 620 pro xs

Mark is so, so, so busy! I feel bad for him.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

6. Member
    I sent 2 props his way today!

7. Member
    I got the props back and ran one of them. He did an awesome job and they look like new but I'm not impressed with the performance though. I ran it all day yesterday at different heights and trim angles. It is 3-4 mph slower than the same prop I have been running for 2 years. Is this normal after having a prop fixed?

8. Banned
    I've had the same results from 2 other reputable shops. I'm pretty much done having them repaired/B &B'd. I will take my chances with new ones

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunkerhunter3 View Post
    I got the props back and ran one of them. He did an awesome job and they look like new but I'm not impressed with the performance though. I ran it all day yesterday at different heights and trim angles. It is 3-4 mph slower than the same prop I have been running for 2 years. Is this normal after having a prop fixed?
    No it's not normal and I think you know that. Call mark he'll make it right. He doesn't reply on the boards anymore.

The summer heat can also play into loss of performance

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

11. Member
    Every combo is different. Give Mark a shot to adjust for yours and I bet you will be happy.

12. Member
    He will want your numbers so he knows how to adjust the props. I just got 2 new ones from him that he worked. The fury 4 he worked up is da bomb. The tempest 26p he worked has poor holeshot (he said it would), but great lift which is what I wanted. The fury 4 rips my boat out of the hole and has great lift.....
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

As Michael mentioned above 21XDC
    Day to day conditions this time of year can mislead you badly regarding prop performance, run it several times to establish solid baseline info and discuss it with Mark. It is quite often that it will require a second or third adjustment to get it right for your application, every boat, motor and day is different
    Do not compare performance in the summer to early spring or winter
    Thank You Leon Pugh

14. Member
    Mark received my 28P Bravo1 on Friday evening at 4:30 PM.
    SaVonna called me Tuesday at 11:30 to tell me my prop was done.