I had an awsome day Saturday on Lanier. I would guess between myself and my co-angler we had about 30 fish. The key was going into big creeks and finding the main points and secondary points that were close (within 30 yards) with a mud bank and had wind on them. I fished one area of about 300 yards pretty much the entire day. The fish were holding in 10 to 12 feet of water on isolated stumps. It was pretty amazing/frustrating becase my partner and I were both throwing watermellon 4 inch worms on jig heads and I would catch a small keeper, and as I was unhooking him, my partner would catch a larger 16 to 20 inch fish on the exact same stump. We had about 10 stumps that we would alternate along those points and we would always seem to get two strikes from each stump. I believe I was catching the small males, and then he would catch the larger female that was bedding on the stump.

We each went through about two bags of worms because we would get a lot of short strikes and would bring back half a worm. It also seemed like the larger the fish, the lighter it would strike. I tried jerkbaits, flukes, cranks, spinnerbait and even the big swimbait, and all we could get bit on was the jighead.

I think a big part of why our bite was on was the front that has come through. About 12:00 the wind died down and our bite stopped. Then, about 2:30 the wind picked up again and the bite was back on.

I ended the day with a limit going 7lbs 12 oz and my co-angler ended up winning the entire event with 14lbs and some change, I told you he was catching the big ones!

All in all, an awsome day on the water!