Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    idbefishing

2019 RAM Limited or 2019 F150 Lariat?

This is kind of a blonde or brunette debate. What would you guys choose? They're about the same price within a few hundred bucks of each other. It seems you get a lot more for your money with the RAM Limited. If I don't like the 3.5L Ecoboost so much I'd be all over the RAM. I really love the FordPass Connect feature plus it comes free for at least til warranty expired. The scheduled auto start is as awesome as Sriracha sauce The equivalent feature in the RAM is only free for 1 yr, paid subscription after that. The RAM wins in the looks department. I'm on the fence, can't decide.

2. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    It is pretty much a flip a coin choice, comes down to what features and characteristics your prefer. After a 2013, 2015 and a 2017 F150 with the 3.5 Ecoboost a few weeks ago I bought a 2019 RAM 1500.

They are both great trucks, certain things are better on each.

What are the most important items to you?
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

3. Banned
    Both nice trucks but I would get the Ram.

4. Member
    I went RAM and I haven't been happier with a truck. Most comfortable ride I've had in a truck. Well laid out. The HEMI is great. Unless something major changes, I will be in the RAM camp for the foreseeable future.

I would go with the Ram. They look better, the interior is one of the nicest you’ll find in a truck and you’ll get more for your dollar. The Ford Lariat is a step down in trim levels from a ram limited. You would probably have to move up to a Ford Platinum to be at a comparative level and I can guarantee the price won’t be the same. The Ford won’t even be close in price.

6. Member
    Ram easily. That limited is a bad truck

7. Banned
    Get the Ford Limited.

8. Member
    I'd go with the RAM if it was me.

9. Member
    I really like the Ram but being in the rust belt the aluminum has been holding up great so that was the deciding factor with me as I absolutely hate rust. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

10. Member
    I like both trucks but I would get the Ram for sure. I cannot stand that chrome plastic panel on the tailgate of the F150 Platinum, Limited or King Ranch. Beautiful truck made gaudy

11. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Did you test drive each truck? Because there is a clear difference in handling and ride comfort. Not to mention a clear difference in looks. The ecoboost is by far quicker and more responsive. But I don't drive on a race track. Personally I really dislike the ride of a Ford, I feel every little bump and the truck feels light. But God is it fun to drive. I'm a cruise around town Sunday driver kind of driver, so Ram all the way. I love just cruising around town. And the Ram sounds like a truck. I also get compliments from complete strangers walking by when they see me.

I know both trucks tow well, however, when towing horses the farmers Ford was getting a little squirrely, atleast according to the wife when transporting her horse.
    Thanos was the hero

12. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Did you test drive each truck? Because there is a clear difference in handling and ride comfort. Not to mention a clear difference in looks. The ecoboost is by far quicker and more responsive. But I don't drive on a race track. Personally I really dislike the ride of a Ford, I feel every little bump and the truck feels light. But God is it fun to drive. I'm a cruise around town Sunday driver kind of driver, so Ram all the way. I love just cruising around town. And the Ram sounds like a truck. I also get compliments from complete strangers walking by when they see me.

I know both trucks tow well, however, when towing horses the farmers Ford was getting a little squirrely, atleast according to the wife when transporting her horse.
    Interesting to see the part about towing the horses, wife does it all the time with her 2018 f150 with a 3.5 eco. Some are back roads, other tows were long highway trips. Longest being from Maryland to Oklahoma City. Has never got a little "squirrely".
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

13. Member
    I had a Ford, once.

14. Member
    My last 3 trucks were fords. I got a ram this time and I wont be getting any more fords. All of my fords were flawless, I just feel like I get more for my money with the ram
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

15. Banned
    I had a dodge, once. Get the ford.

That is a tough call.

Eco boost is a monster and with a cheap, mild, can tune will put it on a totally different level than any of the gas trucks. However, that RAM leather interior, storage and giant NAV display and plethora of speakers for the audio is well above the rest. I just wished RAM had at least bumped the 5.7 up a bit at least to put it in play with the rest of the field. I have been putting time in the bosses 2018, 4 door lariat with the 5.0 and 10 speed. It rides like a Cadillac and I love the 10 speed.

You have to go drive them both. Good luck and sometimes its what you dont like that makes the decision for you, as opposed to what you do like.

17. Banned
    Go drive em and buy what YOU like.

18. Moderator
    Ford every time

I have a Ram limited. I love the truck, but get the 3.92 rear end. It increase tow capacity to 10,000 LBS. The 3.21 is only 8,000. Plenty for the boat, but not for the camper I want.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

20. Member
    My dad went through a very similar internal debate that I somehow got dragged into, as well. He was comparing the new Ram Limited to the F150 Platinum, which is probably the more accurate comparison if one is trying to match features. The RAM price was a LOT better, though. The local Ford dealer that he's bought other vehicles from really wouldn't come off much from the MSRP. The RAM dealer was a different story.

MSRP - 68,105
    Advertised selling price - 62,713
    Rebate - 10,215.75
    -------------------------------
    675 - tags, title, processing
    2,330.11 - tax
    -------------------------------
    $55,502.36 OTD

almost $16k off MSRP with the RAM, while the Ford dealer was offering about $3k after a few days of back and forth. Both started with a similar MSRP.

They picked up their new 2019 RAM 1500 this past Friday.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast